Week 21: Goal for the Week

I realize I need to put some boundaries around my computer time. We've all felt this before right? I just need to be more mindful why I am on the computer b/c my habit has evolved from checking my few fav sites and emails, to mindless surfing for hours (crackbook, tmz, target, etc, etc). And it all isn't making me feel that great. I'm often left feeling unproductive and realize I could be doing other things that fuel my system rather than sitting in front of the computer for ~hours.

So I'm trying to limit my time to 3x's a day: morning, afternoon, evening, with~30 min each time. If I think of something for the computer, I write it in my organizer and do it during my 'allotted' times. I told DH my plan too, and that has been helpful.

I'm also creating a list of things I could be doing instead of surfing, and I keep adding to them. My list includes reading all my mags, getting everyone prepped for the next day, prepping meals, house projects, etc, etc. 

Don't get me wrong though, a lil' mindless surfing here and there is great! I just need to reign it in a bit. 

Would love to hear how you balance computer time in your life:) 

Comments

Popular Posts