Fit Model?

A few weeks ago I was randomly asked by a friend of a friend if I'd be interested in a 'Fit Model' job. Huh? The title sounds like it's for someone who is fit & can model. Uh, okay...yeah I'm fit, but not model fit. And model? Well, I've watched enough America's Next Top Model now to know I definitely don't 'fit' that arena. Still, the elusive title intrigued me.

After a little inquiring, I was informed a Fit Model merely tries on clothes for the different designers and product managers to see how they 'fit' on a standard size. Now, that I can do! And it's with one of my favorite clothing catalogs. Sign me up!

So I was invited to come in and see if I'd 'fit' the bill. I've never been measured so thoroughly in my life! Not even for my own fancy wedding gown. We're talking wrists, inseam, torso, shoulders, everything. Then I tried on pants, bathing suits, tops, a jacket, and a few awesome dresses. The whole time part of me wondered if this was just a ploy to get me to buy their stuff, but then figured it wasn't the most cost effective way to lure customers.

In the end, I learned my hips are a lil' big, my torso a lil' long, and my bust a lil' small for the standard I was being signed up for. The rest of the measurements looked good though, so
was told they'd possibly use me for some 'fit' sessions. Woo-hoo! I'll take it.

I'm going today for my first official session, and I'm pretty excited for the experience. They might not need me down the road (they told me they're still going to pursue other fit models), so I'll ride this wave as long as I can!

Oh, and side note: Talk about a great incentive to keep my work outs at a high intensity and stick to my food intakes! I've been Ms. Vigilant over here with my 1 sugar coffee a day and no extra snacking:)

Comments

I think you're a perfect fit for the position! you're real and active - just the type of customer they're looking for!

hope you get discounts on the clothing!

Popular Posts