Week Twelve: Hawaii Goals for the Week

Ahh....Hawaii...Here's a view of the infinity pool right outside our hale rental (ours is off to the right and not pictured). This place will be my campground come Thursday...woo-hoo!

But before Aloha Land, I need to create/check off all the things on my lists for me/kids/house/etc- I have a lot of lists! I'll spare the details, but finishing these pre-vacation errands is my focus for the first half of the week.

Then comes Hawaii...ahhh.... And Lavaman...ughh!

I've never combined a 'race' with a destination vacation before. I've only done local triathlons/runs. And on vacation, I generally don't have much desire to push myself physically or mentally, especially for ~3 hours! So this will be a new experience and with that I aspire to do the following:

1. Appreciate our first couple's vacation-just the two of us-post babies
2. Enjoy 'racing' the triathlon (and when I say 'race' I'm not aiming to win the dang thing, I just want to do well personally).

Finding the balance to appreciate these both will be the key. I can't wait to relax and take in Hawaii... I mean...I'm in Hawaii! I also look forward to 'racing' my first Olympic distance triathlon on Sunday. Send me good vibes and I look forward to giving a report next Sunday! Oh, and if you have done a destination 'race' vacation, share how it went!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
you are my lavawoman! go chica!
i'm always a nut case before a trip. putting things in ziplock bags, etc.
remember there are stores there! ;)
Anonymous said…
This is going to be such an awesome and rewarding experience for you! You are so strong and going to GREAT!! Hey, did you know that Journey is going to be playing at the Waikoloa Beach Resort on Sunday night, the 29th. I know how much Michael loves Journey(hee-hee), it might be a fun post race party. Good luck and enjoy every second!
D
3 Ring Cycles said…
SO jealous...we'll be cheering for you on Sunday!! I told Michael I ignored your blogs for a few weeks as I went through a "slump" and you made me feel too guilty!! haha. Ok I think I'm back with the world as of the other day! Getting excited about doing May camp with you!!(I think that prompted my "get yer ass off the couch" incentive!
Have A GREAT time in Hawaii!!!
L~
AM! said…
aye! The blog is not to make anyone feel guilty. puh-leaze! We're all in this together and all go through ups/downs and all arounds. that's life right? Can't wait for May!!

Popular Posts