Week Thirteen: Lavaman!


Woo-hoo! I did it! I completed my first Olympic distance triathlon yesterday! I've done many sprint tri's but this was my first attempt at this distance. I hope to write a race report, but will give a few pros/cons of my race.

The Pros:
1. It's in Hawaii! And I'm here with my hubby sans kids! How relaxing is that!
2. Our hale is ~3 min's from the race start
3. It's a pretty ocean swim- yes, I am actually saying this. I 'liked' the swim:)

The Cons:
1. I was/am pretty sick with a head sinus/cough/runny nose thing going on. I'm in Hawaii- so am trying to ignore it, but I'm reaching for the Kleenex box every ~3 min...and my nose looks like Rudolph
2. It was WINDY on the last stretch of the bike and first 3 miles of the run. Ooh, the wind played with me mentally.

Overall, I did all right. My time was 2:47: Swim- 32:48, Bike- 1:20:19, Run-51:19 and I was 8th in my Age Group (that's fun to write)

I haven't thought of goals for me this week other than to soak up the Hawaiian sun and appreciate this trip. I'm sure when I get home Weds, I'll focus on the other areas of my life but right now it's all about being here. Aloha!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!! MB
sarah said…
you freaking rock! i didn't realize this was your first Olympic - totally thought I remembered you doing O distance Treasure Island! Anyway, sign me up I'm there next year.
sarah said…
p.s. I linked back here on my latest waterblogged post :)
http://menlomasters.blogspot.com/2009/03/weak.html
AM! said…
thanks for the support!;)
Maggs said…
Thanks for the comments. Great job on your first Olympic distance. It was a hard race this year. That wind was brutal at the end. Hope you had a great time and do some more olympic tris...or longer ones :-)

Popular Posts