Week Eleven: Goals for the Week

I don't know if it's from coming off of a race last weekend, but my energy is zapped, and this is the first week I did not 'accomplish'  my goals. Hmm...
No cutting the kiddos hair
No sticking to my daily intakes 100% 
No giving 100% for my workouts. 

I didn't go off the deep end and do NOTHING...I just didn't meet my expectations. And it's a weird space to be in. 

Then I reflect and realize the level of my goals were pretty lofty. I was hoping to accomplish them with the momentum of the upcoming Hawaii and Lavaman. But I was asking myself to be 100% perfect all week in 2 categories (athlete, health) and that's a bit much. 

I also realized that with any program (training, work, etc) you focus for a good few months, then give yourself a 'rest' week. I do the same with my physical training. So, I think my brain/life needs a 'rest' week in the goals department (after consciously blogging my goals for almost 3 months:). I'm going to stay in the idle position and see what comes up.

Here are my Week Eleven 'Rest' Week Goals:

Eat right

Work out

Play with my kids

Easy to remember. Easy to follow. 

Would LOVE to hear how your week was and what you're plans are for the week. I have my goals written on a bookmark in my planner  to view as I plan each day! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like how honest you are!
Anonymous said…
Sometimes we are just too hard on ourselves and it is good to acknowledge that and most of all be okay with it. Enjoy your week!
It really is true what they say - we are our own most harsh critic. Even with the races we do, we mostly compete against ourselves, and judge ourselves harshly when we don't meet our own expectations.

This pushes us forward, and keeps us going, but at times we need to lighten up!

Because really, you're still doing a lot!!

Popular Posts