'Happy' Suzy!

More parenting videos on JuiceBoxJungle



So before my kids were even born, my mom campaigned to be called 'Happy Suzy'. She didn't think the title 'Grandma Suzy' really spoke to her. What??? Happy Suzy?? I'll be honest: I was a scared. It sounded so forced. Not to mention the title elicited visions of her twirling around in tye-dye moo moo's all day with her grand kids.

Oh no... My kids were not going to call her Happy Suzy.

I won that battle.

But now three years later, I realize her 'title' really doesn't matter. What does matter is how readily available she is to drive up here, often without much notice, just to be with the us and the kids. AND she can just be with them for a good chunk of the day. What?? I don't know anyone(including myself!) who can be that 'present' with them for that long. So what if the house is not how I left it, with dishes piled in the sink and toys strewn all over the house? I know my kids got to spend time with their Grandma, and I got a break.

So shh... don't tell her, but I'd be fine with the her being 'Happy Suzy' today. If she reads this post on her own and finds out, then you win mom. Go for it and be Happy Suzy. You deserve it. :)

Comments

Popular Posts