FAGE Yogurt Doubletake


I'm a new fan of FAGE yogurt- It's soooo good with a lil' honey and berries. Yum!!

But beware! This week while shopping at Trader Joes, I went to grab a container of the good stuff and noticed TWO types of FAGE on the shelf. Huh? I had only heard how 'low fat and healthy' the yogurt was, so assumed there was only one kind. Boy was I wrong! Not only are there 2 types, the calorie/fat difference is HUGE. One serving (1 cup) of the pink 'Total 0%' has 120 calories and 0 fat. And the Blue one?- 300 calories and 23 g fat!! Holy Cow! That's more than a serving of Hagen Daas ice cream- and FAGE is just plain yogurt!

Then I quickly realized I had bought the 'blue' container last week...and with that consumed +150 g more fat than anticipated. awesome. good times.

The good news though is I really can't tell that much of a difference between the two. I mean sure, it now made sense why my yogurt last week tasted really good. But over all, the pink 0% tastes virtually as yummy, and I'll have my +150 g of extra fat in ice cream or sugar coffees thank you very much;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi there!

I see that you're a fan of Greek yogurt and I'd love to send you free coupons to give Stonyfield Oikos Organic a try. It's the only ORGANIC Greek yogurt on the market today - we think it's not only healthier for you, but better for the planet too :)

Just shoot me an email at Kdrociak@stonyfield.com if you're interested and let me know where to send them.

Take care!
Kristina
Stonyfield Farm
AM! said…
Hey there! I'll definitely try out the Stonyfield yogurt w/coupons! I'll see how it tastes:)

Popular Posts