Week Six Goals: Truth or Dare

This blog has been a fun springboard to learn how my friends and others think about their daily lives and larger life aspirations. It's also helped keep me in check to think about what's important in my life. I try and be as truthful as possible in my postings, and it can feel vulnerable at times to just put myself out there.

So...let's play a game: Truth or Dare! And here's my Dare for you: write at least one weekly goal this week. You can be as truthful as you want and write it here, or sign it as anonymous. Or just simply write it on a scrap of paper and place it on your desk, or next to your bed- somewhere where you'll read it daily.

Just write one goal down somewhere.

For me, I create goals either as the roles I am in life (mom, wife, athlete, sister, etc) or in areas my life (health, fitness, family, friends, finance). Whatever word/title resonates with me each week is what I choose. And my goals are not sweeping and overwhelming. They're small, specific, usually measurable, and can happen w/in a week. That's how I do it, and it's always a work in progress.

So here's my end of the game:

Mom: Make Valentines together

Friend: Write thank you's to 2 LA friends:)

Athlete: Refocus for triathlons and push myself in my work outs

Home: Clean out car/put in new car seats

Wife: It's the week leading up to Valentines Day. Make it count!

Personal Growth: Start a new book and shimmy everyday (I haven't read a book in ~2 mo's, and it's a long story on the shimmy part)

Hope to maybe read some of yours here:)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know you can shimmy! Practice slowly and get faster and faster! Do it with the kids... in front of the mirror, and finally show of your shimmy on Valentine's day! You can do it!
AM! said…
Oh, I've already roped the kids in w/the shimmy dance and i sure will for v-day!

Popular Posts