Week Seven Goals: I Swear I'm Not a Pig










Taking these 'before/after' pictures really has helped light a fire under my booty to get the job done. But seriously, these 'before' shots makin' me look like a slob! I swear I'm not. Or maybe I need to concede that pictures don't lie, and get some help in the denial department.
Anyway, here's a pre/post shot of my goal to 'finally install the @##$%'n car seats'. Mission accomplished. And it actually took me WAY less time then expected.

On to Goals for the Week. It's nice to focus on areas outside of 'career'. It's these areas that can get sidelined through out the week, yet are just as important to me, if not more:) I write them on a bookmark in my organizer and (attempt to) read them daily.

Health: Put sunblock on my hands daily (I've heard this over and over, and it makes sense, so want to incorporate that into my daily routine. Plus, I just cleaned out 2 purses and found some cool AVEDA sunblock:)

Personal Growth: Finish HUMP (Hey! It's a book:)

Fitness: Only 1 sugar coffee a day (I've been having up to 3, not bueno)

Family/Wife: Eat dinner by 8 (kids eat at ~6, then mks/I eat together later, sometimes not til 9!)

Cutting back on sugar coffee will be the
hardest to accomplish this week. Hmmm...how can I take a picture pre/post picture of that? Maybe a pic of the $ I'll save, or pounds lost on the scale? Just thinking about it is giving me inspiration! Any ideas??

Comments

sarah said…
dear Lord. 3 of those suckers a day? i support this week's fitness goal :). how about a picture of your pupils after 3 sugar coffees, and then after only one? i'll bet there's a size difference, and perhaps a jitter difference too.
Anonymous said…
AM-
I did 'before' pictures for about TEN zones in my house!
I attacked one of them this weekend! YIKES! But YOU planted the seed.

My husband thinks I am going to blackmail him with the pictures. but in all honesty, most of the messes are mine. You just look at them for so long and they blend into the scenery. Taking pictures was a serious wake-up call!

On the sugary coffee front... can you psych yourself out with a non-fat flavored creamer (e.g. International Delights)? That works for me most days.
p.s. the man at seven eleven in LA misses you
I agree...the pictures do show 1,000 words (or is it less?). The cool part is that you're putting yourself out there, where I get to still drive around in my dirty car....hmmmm, picture? Maybe...or I'll just clean it and say thanks for motivating me!!

Have a coffee on me...that is, a decaf with NF Milk...although I'm quite sure that you're burning that azucar off during your numerous training workouts....

Thoughts - Feb is a good month to start practicing some of this stuff (though don't make the list too long...), because March is close, Spring is around the corner, and it's always fun to launch into spring feeling good! (it's like getting caught up on work and sleep before Monday, so that Monday is exciting and not a drag so you can enjoy the whole week!)
AM! said…
I'm trying your nf hot cocoa idea right now!

Popular Posts