Week Five Goals


Woo-hooo! I actually (for the most part) enjoyed the Kaiser Half yesterday. My goals for the race were:  
a. to not go out too fast at the beginning 
b. focus on a high cadence (~90 rpm) 
c. hold back til' ~mile 10.
It was a new approach for me, and I think it paid off. This amazing photo is of my handy timex with my final time (it's a pr for me!). 

And I just love my timex- I am NO Ironman gal, I just love this watch.- but I'll save that for a different day.

Week Five Goals:

Mom: Sing spanish songs with my kids every day this week
Home: Decorate workout studio 
Personal Growth: Create study timeline to take Lifestyle and Weight Management exam
Fitness: Complete all workouts this week and get 1 wrkout done in la this wknd.

These smaller, specific weekly goals are created from my larger goals and ideas I have for the year. I (try) to review my yearly goals every few weeks. Then, I look at my weekly goals every morning as I attempt to plan my day. 
Would LOVE to hear how other people go about their goals! 
Me voy a cantar ahora...:)




Comments

AWESOME JOB! PR (personal records) are hard to do; and you have a new half marathon PR! Great!

I love goals too...and I keep my annual goals in my daily binder to remind me of "what direction I'm going in..." Of course they are modifiable, as everything evolves, but they keep me on track.

You've inspired me to set my own goal of setting a date for my own PT certificate...I try to (at least 3 days a week) start my day by reviewing what I've missed so far in the week, and set up what I have for the next couple days....

I think having a key binder or Franklin Covey planner, or file that holds your key calendar, notes, motivational pages, training notes, and even work notes/calendar helps me keep my important items collective and organized.
AM! said…
hey, michael, you sound like you could be my husband!:)

and thanks sarah!:)
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to you! What an accomplishment.

As for the singing to your kids goal, my friend Regina gave my kids this fabulous CD of herself singing in Spanish/English...describing the songs, their story and origin, and translating intermittently. It was truly one of the sweetest, most thoughtful, and most useful gifts ever! We all listen to it all the time. So remind me to make you a copy for the kids.

By the way, it is Maureen writing...I cannot figure out how to get my name, since I don't believe I have a URL.

Popular Posts