Daddy Does It Right


More parenting videos on JuiceBoxJungle



Uh...okay...I'm a little nervous to admit this so publicly, and in this forum, but here I go: In our household...Daddy actually does it right. I know!- kill me now, but he's been doing it 'right' pretty much since pregnancy. Now before I sound like a crazy whack job in denial- I'll confess what I think has made his 'whole parenting' style come to fruition:

1. We had twins. That means 2 babies at once. We knew it was going to be A LOT OF WORK. We heard that message loud and clear so planned accordingly. As a husband, he put me first during the pregnancy, labor, and post partum first few months (god bless his soul). He was very aware that we both needed to put in 100%, and now looking back 3yrs later I'll whole heartedly admit- he gave more energy than me those first few months.

2. He aspires to be the dad he never had. I know we all have that feeling at some micro level, but he has an 'extreme style' strained relationship with his own father, and just wants his kids to know he is always there.

3. He helped raise his little sister and brother who were born when he was 11. (I say this because it was VERY evident the first few months!)

4. He respects my experience and background as an elementary school teacher and counselor. This has been HUGE. I see him emulate behaviors and patterns I've established with the kids and frankly it's priceless.

And I swear I was not looking for an opportunity to write a blog about 'how great I think my husband is'. This video was a fun reminder that I actually do have it pretty good in the co-parenting world. It's also a nice coincidence to have this be JBJ's topic, where I get to acknowledge him (in a rather public way!) during the Valentine week.

Comments

3 Ring Cycles said…
AH! This makes me want to cry! I feel like such a crappy wife now!! I left my Valentine on Valentine's day to head to FL with the kids...have some BIG making up to do when we get back!
AND you continue to inspire me...my goal...to keep up with your blog to keep motivation in my mind(I've asked M to do a label titled that for me...Motivation...I think it would be a huge seller!!), some big hurdles here but some big ones already jumped this past couple of weeks!! yahoo! Baby Steps...Big Goals...keep up the great work, I'm reading!!(oh yes..I did start my own blog entitled Accountability...do you think I can find it now online!!! BAAAhaahaa...that is so me.)
AM! said…
Hey! You are ya kidding me? You just gave him the week for himself! That's a treat! I'll look for you accountability site:)

Popular Posts