REALLY easy apricot chicken


I found this recipe on a food blog (thisweekfordinner) and was attracted to it's title (it was originally just Easy Apricot Chicken), and I wanted to try something a lil' different. When I printed it out that night, I was shocked to read just how EASY this recipe was. This is one simple meal to make! Honestly, I don't think I've read an easier chicken recipe out there, but I'm new to broadening my 'chicken recipes' palette
And the results- it was good! A little dry, I think from using less of the sauces, so I'd cook it for only 45 min next time. Here's the recipe, with it's new title:)

REALLY Easy Apricot Chicken

4- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
1-8 oz bottle of Russian salad dressing (I only used 1/4 of the bottle, for fewer calories and it was fine)
1 cup Apricot Preserves/Jam (I used lite jam and only 1/3 cup)
1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix

If your chicken breasts are frozen, no need to defrost- just place them in your baking dish. Sprinkle the entire Onion Soup Mix over the top, then pour the Russian Dressing and Apricot preserves over the top and kind of  "mush" it all together with a spoon

Bake in a 350 degree oven for ~1.5 hours (You can probably cook it for a shorter time if the chicken isn't frozen)

voila!
  

Comments

Popular Posts