Race Track Cake!

One of my goals for 09' is to embrace baking and cooking a little more in life. As an official stay-at-home mom for the first time, I'm finding my energy as a former school counselor/teacher leaking its way into the household through avenues such as weekly menu planning, cooking, creating workouts, and now...baking.

In the past, I was perfectly happy just baking any type of cake for a party. That was a great goal itself! But something has come over me to want and step it up a notch and create cakes that actually look cool. So, with the help of a few cake tips found on different blogs (www.thisweekfordinner.com, www.greatcakes.com) I came up with this race track cake for my 3 yr old twins birthday! And I gotta say I felt like one cool mom with the final result.

And there's a bonus! My family kept commenting on how MOIST the cake was. I never knew I cared if I made a moist cake, but I did, and it was great to hear! The tip for that is to use cake strips (cut up towel strips that you wet and safetypin around the outside of the tins while they bake)

So bring on the baking in 2009!
Just don't let me get too agro and start talking like I'm a Martha Stewart or something...well at least not yet...

Comments

Popular Posts