New Year, Week One Goals!


So I know today is Tuesday, but I really wanted to share my Monday morning organizing experience. It's the first week of 2009 - yippee! With that comes creating weekly specific goals to help reach all of the goals I've conjured in my head for 2009. AND, my new Franklin Covey classic sized calendar came in the mail! It was HEAVEN to sip my 99 cent gas station coffee and focus on my goals for the year and week!

This week I focused on seven different areas in my life:
Family, Fitness/Athlete, Finances, Wife, Career, Personal Growth, and Health.
I usually only focus on ~5 areas, but I think I'm feeling a lil' gung ho with the New Year.

So my Goals for this Week are:

Family:
Finally frame the family pictures in our office/play room! (that have been sitting on my desk for ~3 mo's)
Fitness/Athlete:
Complete scheduled workouts and put some NEW songs on my shuffle! - if anyone has ideas...pass them along!
Finances:
Start tracking Jan spending on excel
Wife:
personal:)
Careers:
Continue researching blogs, and blog 1x or more this week
Personal Growth:
Try Pilates this thursday nite
Health:
Sounds funny but...brush my teeth every nite (I get lazy 1 or 2 x' each week!)

I write my goals on a bookmark in my organizer and I attempt to look at them each morning when I plan my day (again with my 99 cent gas station coffee)

Would love to hear other people's goals for the week, and how they reach them!


Comments

jane maynard said…
hi anne marie...I sort of feel like I'm stalking you. :) anyway, I noticed you had "tracking expenses in excel" on your list...my husband just discovered a website called mint.com - it is amazing for tracking finances day-to-day and more. he is loving it. thought it might be helpful for you! :) thanks for being such a great participating on this week for dinner...love it!
AM! said…
Hey Jane!
You just made my day with your comment! Thanks so much for the tip, and I will check it out.
And I feel the same way, that I'm sorta stalking you on your site! That's funny!

Popular Posts