I Just Made Forty Bucks!


Well... that's not 100% true. But I did just SAVE ~$40 by cutting my own kids' hair this afternoon. I've been doing so since they were one, and despite having a semi-imperfect cut, with random strands and patches of hair sticking out at times, I think it's been a success so far. Hey, and isn't tassled/bed head 'in' anyway? So far my kids haven't complained, and no one has said 'Eewww, what's wrong with your child's hair?'.

They're 3 now, so I feel like I'm getting the hang of it, plus... they're only three! They'd look cute even if I accidently gave them a hardcore mullet (which has happened!), so that ideology is always nice to fall back on.

Now I just need to get my OWN hair cut/colored for under ~$150! Aye, aye, aye! I really want to figure that one out, or at least find some way to feel okay spending that kinda money on hair. It's a conundrum I tell ya! Any suggestions?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! Cutting 2 three year olds' hair! I am totally impressed. My kids would never sit still for that.

As for the second part (our own hair), I have no advice. This is why I have stuck with long and straight in and out of style all these decades...my one venture out was an ill-fated Dorothy Hamill oh so long ago!
AM! said…
The kids sit, not still, but still enough to get the job (mostly) done.
Dorothy Hamill- awesome!
sarah said…
adorable. you're hired for my kids too.
Anonymous said…
am-
When you come to LA you can have my Korean hairdresser cut, color and blow dry for 80 bucks! Since I don't speak korean, I just show her the celebrity from Star magazine that I most want my haircut to emulate. Then she does the rest!
AM! said…
I like your thinking!! I'm there!...now I just have to figure out who I want to emulate in the hollywood world...!
Anonymous said…
sometimes beauty colleges offer discounted cuts and coloring to try their skills on "clients". If it's too much of a risk just get someone whose about to graduate!!
3 Ring Cycles said…
Not to brag but I'm actually a pretty decent haircutter(my own excepted!), and have done Brad and the kids since day 1!...I can do yours for free...ok maybe you don't want me doing yours!! haha. Well I have my career chosen if the bike thing doesn't work out anyway:} Just noticed your link to Jaimie Whitmore.com is mispelled, I just heard about her yesterday so this is great to know about her blog. What an incredible story. I'm going to stop whining about my own life now!

Popular Posts