Counter Clutter be Gone!


















I'm staying at a really nice hotel with a GREAT bathroom!



Well no...but that's how I feel after cleaning the bathroom counter! I didn't realize how bad all the clutter was until I finished the feat.

I do not profess to being a professional organizer, at all! I don't even know where I conjured up these
three steps that helped me (I think) with the task:

1. I timed myself. I wanted to know how long something like this would take, and I think being timed made me stay on task. (I did it in 48 minutes, and that included a brief visit from a friend picking up a dress).

2. With each item I said to myself "Do I use this everyday?" If so, it stayed in my top drawer, or top of my jewelry box, or in front of one of my shelves. If I didn't, (eyeshadow, jewelry, etc) I either threw it away, gave it away, or put it in a lil' cosmetic bag for a shelf below the counter.

3. I utilized the shelves/cupboards below the counter. They were basically empty before with having twin babies crawling around. But the kids are three now, and it was time to reclaim my storage space.

So that's my success story for the week. And its funny to find myself smiling each time I walk into my bathroom. Love it.

And would love to hear how other people attempt to tackle the clutter that can cloud our living spaces!



Comments

Anonymous said…
My goal for the week is to spend a little time with my twins! You are one inspiring chick, AMS, and I like your Marianne Williamson quote! nana

Popular Posts