41 & Pregnant~

Now....wouldn't that be funny? 

Wouldn't that be a hoot if that sorta news was thrown in the mix of my otherwise very 'on track' way of life? What, with my 2 kids finally in school, launching my new website and career and feeling a new sense of real independence and sense of self? 

Wow, that would be a doozy.

Well, thank goodness that ain't me! I can't imagine the shock (along with utter surprise and wonder over the fact that I could get pregnant) and emotions that would come with learning that you're pregnant. At 41. With 2 first graders.

I can't imagine the feeling of being uber nauseous - the type that starts to rumble in your belly and mouth from oh, let's say week 6 through 13+. The type that's only appeased through surrendering to eating crap greasy food like french fries, bagels with lots of cream cheese, tuna melts, pickles and pasta. And laying down for naps multiple times a day.

It would be really hard to surrender the body physically as well. To keep up the running and fitness only at a moderate level- because you're not really in charge any more. There's something greater than you that's calling the shots. So some days you just might not be able to get that longer run in because you're just too nauseous or tired. You'd probably hope to begin to feel better in the second trimester...but dang, the first trimester would be a DOOZY.

And that entire first trimester would feel so surreal. Like you're kinda making it up- because you're really not telling people. Including your kids.  Your sweet precious kids, because at 41- you've got some higher risks. So you have to wait. And wait. And wait. 

To make sure you're okay. 
And the pregnancy is okay. 
And the fetus is okay. 

And it's all okay. 

Well again, thank goodness that's not MY story!  

Nope not me. (wink wink) I'm happy to report I just ran the San Francisco Nike Half Marathon on Sunday!  

Well let me rephrase that, I ran/jog/schlepped/walked the Nike Half. 

And I'm topping off a bag of greasy Sun chips while lying on the couch as I type this post  - My lil' post race treat to myself. 

I've missed you guys. It's been way too long. I'm being called back to my roots in many ways. 

I'm off to grab another pickle...(wink wink)

Comments

Katie said…
Oh man, I am so confused. There was lots of denying, but then lots of winking, then pickles...hmmmmm, I'm gonna say you're pregnant. Congratulations! (Unless you're not, then I was just kidding...) :)
ShutUpandRun said…
Okay, really REALLY? We need to know. No more winking. Did you have ice cream with those pickles?
yes, Im confused too! I need to know. What's up?!!
XLMIC said…
You
Are
Pregnant :)

And that is so cool! I was pregnant with my third child when I was 41, too :) I am so excited to see your pregnant self on Thanksgiving! Best wishes for a super smooth pregnancy from this point forward, a healthy baby and all the joy that goes with all of that :) I love this :)
Alison said…
Wow - congrats!!!!
Rida said…
Having a baby at any age can be fun and exciting. It can also cause worry. For mothers who delay childbearing and pregnancy until their late thirties and early forties, there may be some added concerns to address. While the number of these women has increased steadily over the years, the number of moms over 40 is growing even more rapidly than before. https://www.carlmontpharmacy.com/triacet.html This actually is beneficial from the point of view of scientists because they now have more data to address the concerns of these women.
Unknown said…
Congrats!! I am 32 weeks now and still run/walking/and anything else you may call it these days!!!
Kathy said…
I had my 4th at 41. have a great pregnancy!
Rida said…
To keep up the running and fitness only at a moderate level- because you're not really in charge any more.gout in ankle

Popular Posts