GFTW 43: Just Be

You gotta love 5 yr old kid's art. They set out and just do it. No real pre-planning, analyzing or wondering what the end product will be. They just dive in head first, adding cool sparkles, pipe cleaner hair, crazy red lips and blue splashes around the eyes as they go along. And then...they just intrinsically know when they're done. They don't need to be told. They look at the project- maybe splash a glitter bird on the forehead, look up and know it's complete. They trust the process. 


I wish I could do this more in my life. Just be with it all- not worry or second guess what the end product of 'it' (fill in the blank) is going to look like. Or if I'm doing 'it' the right way, or if I'm even supposed to be doing 'it' or something else in my life. I would love to Just Be and trust the process more in my life. 


I am getting better though. And my kids remind me every day how simple it all is. It really is anne marie. So with the vision of my kid's mascara in my head here's what I have lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Mom: Hem my lil' A's Halloween costume. Carve pumpkins this weekend and add more house decorations


Health: Have a TALL glass of water in the am, before my coffee


Personal Growth: Have an Intuitive Consulting session


Friend: Finish/mail out my LA BFF's Baby shower invites


Home: Create a Dia de Los Muertos Altar- I've done it for the past ~3 years and I really like it. I've written about it here.


ME!: Artist Date or Facial...or maybe both!


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review it each day as part of my morning routine. This is what I have on my radar. Now...how about you? What do you have going on in your neck of the woods? Would love, love, love to know!



Comments

Teamarcia said…
Fabulous artwork! I have a mask Thing 1 made around here somewhere that features a toilet paper roll...I should dig it out for Halloween decor...
Me? Single parenting this week and trying to get a jump start on holiday madness.
Love love love kid art! Speaking of kid art, I made a creativity fort that I use for writing and inspiration...quiet coffee time ad my kids all got a wall...they sit in there and create and read and imagine. So fun. I'm sure most of my blog readers thought I was a freak but I was/am so serious about my fort. ha!

Popular Posts