What's Working (and not so much...) Weds: Visuals

Hi All! A lil' on what's working and maybe not so much for me...


What's Working:


1. My Altar: I set out to make a lil' area of Love, Health, Prosperity and Play- so what better way than to make a homemade altar. So I set forth and used objects in our house to create it: a weathered health insurance card now covered in pink and purple heart stickers, a crisp $100 bill (I'm thinkin' big people;-), a purple painted sand dollar and green rock from Stinson- both done by my lil' N, a LOVE sign lil' A is really proud of, and part of an anniversary card w/sparkles and 2 love birds on it. I put them all in or around a colored glass plate that's been stashed unused in our kitchen for over ~10 years. And what altar isn't complete w/some sort of candle right? So I busted out a lil' crystal votive holder and placed it in the mix.


And there a few big reasons this Altar is working for me. First, a few years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of doing something like this. I'd have seen it maybe as a bit silly, or cultish, or uber religious or something. But the baby steps of my personal growth have allowed me to come into trying out new things and ideas.


Secondly, (and this is the one that really touches me) over the past few years I've come to fully believe in my heart that in order for my body, heart and mind to all be in balance- my heart needs to feel it as well, and it responds really well to visuals vs. just the analytic words and ideas. My heart needs to see the colors, sparkles, glitter and touch them to feel real in my life. 


So there you have it. My lil' homemade altar. The seed was planted a few years ago from my good friend who is a big Altar lover/maker- and the idea has now been planted in my life.


And now...what's not working so much...


1. My Inner Critic/Judger has been in full force lately. Well, actually probably longer than just 'lately', but I have a huge new awareness around it- and I'm just excited to say Bye bye Judge-y bluejay! Time to be free. Don't need to judge myself or the closest people in my life (read: my DH) anymore. Poof! Be free...


So this is what's working and not so much for me this week. Now...how about YOU? What's working and maybe not so much for you over in your neck of the woods? Any altars being created in your world? Is your Judge-y bluejay needing to be free'd too? Talk to me, talk to me! ;-)

Comments

Christina said…
I'm working on whole "It's wanting what you have" idea right now.
Living situation is less than ideal but I can and will "want to want what I have" .... :)

What's not working - Waking up EARLY to go run. All my runs are in the afternoons, on the treadmill.
Lisa said…
I love your altar. What a great idea. I too, benefit from visual reminders and representations to be fully engaged.

What's working - going to bed earlier. What's not working - my long work hours lately. They're dragging me down. But I've been trying hard to disconnect when I leave the office!
XLMIC said…
You always have the coolest ideas... love your altar :)

What's working... my hip is working! Yay!

And not so much... my psyche... I am having a hard time believing in myself. Bleh.
I think that homemade alter is a pretty cool idea. It's taking the dream poster to the next level.
AM, you so rock. I would have to say I'm working to free my Judge Jay, esp where it comes to DH.

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and do what I want to do and not wait til he I have approval.

For me... also working is scheduling workouts with girlfriends. and lucky for me one of them has the tri-bug...

Popular Posts