Killer Filler Friday: Summer Fun Family Fridays

Who out there is kicking in Summer Vacation? Woot woot eh? Well, it's been a mixed bag sunny smiles along with what wtf am I gonna do for kid coverage for work, work outs and all the other stuff in between?


So I sat down with myself and had a lil' moment. And I came to this conclusion: This is Summer. My kids are five and they're only five once in this life. Embrace that Anne Marie.


So...I've made a pact with myself that for Summer- Fridays are NO work or work out days. They are purely Family/Friend Fun Fridays. Like we're on vacation. I'm still granting myself my morning routine time from 5-7 am (trust me, I need it), and the rest of the day is for Summer Adventures 2011. Like today we're gonna hop in the car to the SF zoo. Just like that. And I'm not worrying about getting my workout in, or that email sent. We're just going...and even stopping for breakfast or lunch along the way...


So that's what's on my calendar for Summer. Oh, along with some fun races which I've already shared. Like my lil' Dipsea race on Sunday. Which I must show off my Dipsea race day wear. But just note: Dipsea race is SOOO not the place where you worry about style and design. But I had to share my race get up:

This is my wear tested, most favorite race get up: Athleta Yellowman Tank, Sugoi run shorts, Newton Trail Shoes and SCAPE sunscreen. Yes, there's a lotta link love in that previous sentence but SO worth it. The clothes are light, make me feel fast (and cute!), the shoes are light and supportive and the SCAPE keeps my skin well protected. 


Now...let's just see how this lil' number performs on Sunday. But before then...I'm off to the zoo w/the kids! What are your Summer Plans? Would love, love to know!

Comments

I love your version of Summer Friday's! Sounds so fun! Good luck on Sunday!
Christi said…
I wish I could join your Summer Fridays!

Have a great race!
You are so stinking gorgeous!! inside and out. truly. Thank you for this! Always what I need to hear on a mom level. Gosh, You are a must read all the time. My kids are not up yet but this is something I've really been thinking about...we only have this one time and it is so easy to get caught up in these goals of mine as an athlete and professional that I forget to sometimes snap out of it and ENJOY enjoy enjoy this moment with them. Like just sprawling out on the floor and letting my little boy climb on me and roll his cars around me...letting them know that I'm HERE...present...ready to roll with them and Listen to their little words and ideas. I'm available today. Thanks! Enjoy your day! I'm happy for summer if it ever comes for more than one day...we had sun yesterday but today is grey again. :( but I'm alive and happy and having coffee while my kids sleep so that in itself is a wonderful thing!
justme said…
love the friday idea.....love it
XLMIC said…
Have fun at the Zoo!!!! I hope the koalas are out for you... they are so cute!
RunToTheFinish said…
ohhh good luck, isn't that like a crazy tough course? can't wait to hear the stories
Aimee said…
I love summer time too! I love being able to just go to the park whenever, plan camping trips, go to "special" lunch with my boys, etc.. You're right...our kids are only young once!!
Anne said…
Indeed, they will be 5 for a very short time...ENJOY! I love your Friday vacations :)

Good luck this weekend...you will do great and you will look gorgeous doing it!
Unknown said…
Love that race outfit! You're looking great :-)
Lisa said…
I read this post at work yesterday but couldn't comment because I only have explorer there and blogger still only lets me login with chrome. ANYWAY, I love your idea of summer Friday's! Sounds so great. Hope you enjoy every one of them this summer!
Christina said…
Love your Summer Fridays commitment. I am sure your kids love it too! It totally put the focus on them and nothing else matters. Wow! That's awesome isn't it?

Popular Posts