Killer Filler Friday: Yah, That's Right...Anthony Robbins Baby!

Hi All! Well, ya know from my blog title that I am a bit of a goal freak, so I took the opportunity of a 90 minute indoor training session to revisit some good ol' Anthony Robbins CD's (the cd case along with my training calendar above). A lil' back story with these tapes: my MIL received them as a 'white elephant' gift a few years back and had zero interest in them, so passed them along to me. Curious, I popped in the first CD, and I'll confess right here, right now...I was hooked. I loved the stuff he was dishin'. Now granted, I also love the likes of Wayne Dyer as well, but I had initial reservations with Anthony Robbins b/c all I remember about him was his overbearing infomercials back in the 80's. 


But this 6 CD set is pretty dang good. It's all on Personal Power, and I was on CD 5 this morning which is.....drum roll please... 'The Goal-Setting Workshop'. Yes, we all know about goal setting. Yes, we all know that it makes sense to write a list, and to state them in the positive, and to think long term. We've all probably learned that stuff somewhere. Still, it ALWAYS helps me to revisit these ideas, and get juiced on what gets me excited in life. And the CD was definitely doing it for me, EXCEPT half way thru the tape, it asked us to literally write, list and create in that very moment...which I couldn't really manage on my bike. So....I had to wait til' this afternoon to create.


Which I just did. And it was fun;-) So I'm sorta on a high from creating 9 Goals I'd like to accomplish in a year (and only one of em' has to do directly with running and triathlons!) Not gonna list em' out for you here...yet;-)


Now...my question to you: Who out there is a secret Anthony Robbins fan? Or do you have motivational speaker that you're willing to confess your love for? Would love to know! Talk to me, talk to me! Oh, and just so you know, I was obviously not paid or even asked to write about the AR dude. Just happened to be what I was doing today on Killer Filler Friday!


Happy Friday Friends!



Comments

A Prelude To... said…
I love love love Anthony Robbins. I also really like John Maxwell and Jack Canfield...his Success Principles is like my 2nd bible.
Unknown said…
Love me a bit of AR! Everyone needs a little in their love. Ps I'm a goals setting addict too ;)
Fifty K said…
To be honest I know nothing about him but do recall those commercials ;)
Jennifer said…
I need to do that.
AM! said…
Julie-thx for the rec's! will investigate!
I don't know anything about Anthony Robbins but I do believe there is power to writing down your goals.

You have to put it out there to make it happen.

Happy Friday,
Elena
misszippy said…
That's a really funny one! But whatever works, right? I don't think I have a motivational speaker (official one) but I have motivational people in my life...
XLMIC said…
I think I need to check out Anthony Robbins again... on your recommendation. Those ads did bug me! I love Wayne Dyer, though! Can't wait to see your Big 9!
Beth said…
I admire your goal setting dedication and abilities. I need to do more of that. I've never seen a motivational speaker- something I should try to do!
Teamarcia said…
I haven't watched Anthony Robbins but I will say i love W Dyer and most everyone else PBS puts on when they have their fund drive.
Stacey said…
I love Anthony Robbins as well... I listened to those cd's a few years ago while on the treadmill...I need to go dig them out and start listening to them again!
Heather said…
Someone recently recommended Anthony Robbins CDs to me and I wondered if it was any good, thanks for writing about it!! I like Wayne Dyer too. I've been wanting to write some goals for the year, I just need to DO IT!
Nutrition Gal said…
Ok, missy these are two of my FAV motivators, and some of their awesome works:
Gary Mack- Mind Gym: An Athlete's Guide to Inner Excellence!
Dan Millman-Mind Body Mastery- A Guide for Sport and Life

Every athlete (or not) should read these!
Anonymous said…
Hmmm, I'm having motivation problems lately. Maybe I need me some Anthony Robbins!

Popular Posts