GFTW 7: Hey! Isn't that a Lucky Number?

Hi! Yes, I know. I just posted the reality of my situation yesterday, and it's all still true. But my dear sweet GFTW are my babies! They're my touchstone to know I'm functioning, and living in this world. And for some reason, posting them here makes em' feel more alive.

And honestly, I just realized that it was lucky week 7, which gave me an unexpected added boost. Yes! Just what I could use (no..I'm not a gambler, but just love this sorta stuff). According to Wikipedia, The number 7 (七, Pinyin: qī) symbolizes "togetherness". It is a lucky number for relationships. It is also recognized as the luckiest number in the West, and is one of the rare numbers that is great in both Chinese and many Western cultures. It is a lucky number in Chinese culture, because it sounds alike to the Chinese character 起 (Pinyin: qi3) meaning arise.

Well Alrighty! The 'togetherness' theme is in cahoots with my Supporting Role. So I'll take it. Thanks Chinese/Western Culture. I owe ya one...;-)

And speaking of owing one...here are my Goals for the Week:

Health: Yes, I truly owe myself the focus to take care of myself. Good food, good sleep, a lil' indulgence and good thoughts. 


Athlete: I owe it to myself to get in ~1+ hour workouts 5-6 days this week. Not worried about 'training' just getting my body to sweat and feel good.


Supporting Role: Positive thoughts more than anything else.


Mom: Sweet Valentines, Ramona the Brave, Music/Plays a few nights this week, and scratch their backs at night


That's it. I've got other 'Things to Do', but I ain't sweatin' it. So, this is what's on my radar this week. As always I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review em' each morning. Thanks for listening, and would love to hear what's up in your world;) Happy Lucky week of Togetherness Everyone!

Comments

Maggs said…
So sorry to read yesterday's post. Thinking of you guys! xoxo
Alison said…
I love that you say posting these makes you feel more alive. And the thing about the number 7 is great!

My main goal this week is a combination of work and health: tie off this current chapter of my thesis without spiraling into existential doubt and anxiety.

Good luck this week xx
Christi said…
Have a great week!
Raquelita said…
I'm wishing you lots of luck right now! I'll be on the road again for part of this week. I think I'll take my running shoes this time and try to get in one run while I'm gone.
Thinking positive thoughts for your family

Happy Valentines Day
Happy Valentine's Day! i always find such balance in your GFTW. So very inspiring!!
I'm so proud of you for making yourself a priority!

So often when I vol at Life with Cancer, it's the supporting fam mems who need more help than the patients! They (often?) forget that they, too, are important and must do the little things (and big!) for themselves.

One step and breath at a time! We're here for you!
Anonymous said…
I love the "scratch their backs". I think I will add that to my to do list also... Thinking of you!
I'd be lost without my goals, too!

Here's to making Week 7 the best week ever!
Anne-Marie said…
Glad to see you're still posting and that you're making taking care of yourself a priority!

I have not been so goal-oriented these last few weeks aside from getting my training in... I think I need to start getting focused again and maybe write some things down!
Beth said…
I was sorry to read your last post but you are doing the right thing by reminding yourself of your priorities. Good to take care of yourself so you can be there for others. Wishing you and your family good health and happiness.

Popular Posts