GFTW 37: I'm Back in My Heaven

I don't know how y'all do it out there with full time jobs. I swear this past week threw a serious monkey wrench in my best laid plans for the week. I ended up working 4 full days (vs. one), and I was just pooped and missed my kids by the end of each day. So those planned threshold runs for after work, got trumped for kid and couch time. Each day I  kept thinking how DO all you moms (and dads) out there manage a full time job, train for crazy distance races, have 2-6 kids to feed, AND then manage a blog?  How do you do it??? dang.

Well, this week I'm back in my lil' slice of heaven, where my job is a SAHM, training, writing, reading all your juicy blogs, and throwing in a day or two of 'paid' work. I know this isn't how it'll always be, and I wanna enjoy the ride. 

And speaking of enjoying the ride, here are my best laid Goals for the Week:

Athlete: Put pedals back on my tri bike, and start using my HR monitor to train for my upcoming Tri Girl Tri Triathlon in 4 weeks. It's been a great ride with my road bike, but need to switch it up for the race.


Friend: Reach out to 1 different friend each day, with either an email, phone call or text.

Health: Research Kaiser and one other health insurance possibility. Our current policy is good, but it just keeps getting ridiculously expensive! I need to be proactive so will commit 2 x's this week to research the options.(i think this topic warrants a post!)


Personal Growth: Carve out 2x's this week to revisit and revise my ideas about my life ~10 yrs from now (2020) Revisit that time-10 yrs from now, and brainstorm all the things I see myself being in 2020.

As always, I write these goals on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I chug my cafe. That's what's laid out for me so far this week. Now, I'd LOVE to know what you've got in your books? Talk to me, talk to me!

Comments

Jennifer said…
I like the friend idea. I could use some re-connection time. 10 years seems like such a long time away. I guess I am on a shorter time span. I am not sure where I want to be next year even!
Ewa said…
It will be interesting to hear what you find out about health insurance. I am just learning how important it is to have a good coverage. I think we do but still it is amazing how quickly even those insignificant sums that our insurance does not cover add up when you get really sick.

Gosh, I can't even imagine where I would see myself in 10 years. Actually it would be interesting to write some ideas down and see how it goes.

Have a more relaxing week.
Raquelita said…
I really love your friends-related goal! I am often guilty of letting too much time pass between phone calls and emails to friends. I just talked to one of my best friends on the phone today. She is pregnant and due in 3 weeks, and we hadn't actually been able to chat since her first trimester. Crazy!
Anonymous said…
I was just asking a friend today how she marathon trained while working full time (of course she didn't have kids then, which helps a small bit). I am having a hard time spending the hours, and I'm a SAHM. Crazy.

Great goals! Have a fabulous week.
Jill said…
Well, you know all about my insurance and how ridiculous this whole experience has been - I wish you luck on your research.

I didn't work after my twinsies were born for a couple years and I enjoyed every second of it. Now that my kids are older, working full-time still isn't easy because I do miss out on a lot they do...and I'm just wiped out when I get off work. But you do adjust. Like I should have been in bed an hour ago instead of reading blogs. Ha.

Have a great week!!
Alison said…
Anyone who moans about the British health service should be forced to spend 6 months in America. That your health goals have anything to do with insurance companies makes my brain go "what the..". I hope you figure something out with that.

I'm going to have a go at hashing out my own GFTW today, but I'm definitely on board with the friend goal. I've been terrible recently. Bad Alison..

Enjoy your time with your bike and your kids this week! :)
Christy said…
Good luck with training this week....and I have to say it again: I love your banner pic!
Christi said…
I really do love all your goals for the week. You have this down and I need to take the inspiration you provide and get on the ball with my goals!

I hope you have a great week!
teacherwoman said…
Great goals! I too, really like the friend idea!
Unknown said…
I totally struggle to fit everything in alongside work..I don't know how people do it either!
I really need to look into a new health insurance also, thanks for reminding me and I love your friend idea....so nice and I am sure all those friends will definately appreciate it!
I really need to look into a new health insurance also, thanks for reminding me and I love your friend idea....so nice and I am sure all those friends will definately appreciate it!
Sherri said…
I have NO idea how all those super mommy athletes do it...you included..but they do! =) Enjoy heaven!
Maggs said…
Hope you find some good health insurance. I pay more for a non-kaiser plan. Kaiser was too restrictive and didn't give me an options for alternative types of health care.

Popular Posts