GFTW 24: It's Been an Eventful Week For Sure!

So, a few things happened this week, and I'm shakin' my head (with a smile) when I look back. 
First, I worked way more than I'm used to (Mon-Weds 9-5pm). Then led a meeting with a group of teachers all running the Nike Half.  I was t.i.r.e.d by Weds eve. Next, I got the glorious foot diagnosis, and the AWESOME news I could run (cue the choir singing Hallelujah!).
Then, my trainer and I parted ways, sub ~5 weeks before Vineman (different communication styles, and it's something I wanna post about). 
And yesterday we took a family adventure to support Ironman Dude race San Jose Triathlon for Sun. We drove (1.5 hrs), picked up the race packets, went to the hotel which was downright depressing (and not comped like we thought), so hopped back in the car and drove home. All by 8pm last night. Shwew! A triathlon in itself.


But despite all the craziness, these are all things that needed to happen. I needed the extra work. I needed that foot diagnosis! I needed to finish my time with tri trainer. And Ironman Dude and I needed to feel okay to re-route the race/wknd adventure. 


So that was my week. And now it's Sunday. A new week, and a new outlook.  And believe it or not, I don't have many goals this week. Maybe it's cause'  I have my 'Get Out of Jail' card to run, and I just can't wait. Open roads with springy shoes...here I come! Plus, it's the beginning of Summer. Summer. I'm realizing the whole swim/BBQ potential of the next few months and it makes giddy. Today we busted out the kiddy pools and the kids were besides themselves. It was magic.



And speaking of magic, here are My Goals for the Week:

Mom: Fill up the kiddy pools or take them to my Gym's Family Swim...a lot. like at least 3x's.


Personal Growth: Renew my ACE personal trainer certification. I have to take a series of online quizzes in order to do so, and I know all the info I read about will help me.


Athlete: Run baby run. 

That's it for me. Now how about you? What do you have on your plate this week? Would love to hear;-)

Comments

Maggs said…
We're in the same boat...coaching changes less than 5 weeks before Vineman. Crap, it's less than 5 weeks until vineman? Glad you're running.
LMC said…
That was a busy but productive week. Sorry to hear about the coach situation at this point, but you know what you need, so good move. I've got a regular week ahead with work, training, mom and my husband to hang out with. Glad to hear you're gonna run this week, go for it!!
Teamarcia said…
Busy week for sure. I'm eager to hear about your coaching change. LOVE the kiddies in the pools!!!
Me? Heading off tomorrow for a final stint at Girl Scout camp!
Anne said…
Phew...a lot going on indeed, but glad to know its mostly all good. I'm also looking forward to hearing about your coach situation.

Enjoy getting back to running this week :)
Rad Runner said…
I love busy weeks, it makes me enjoy the down time that much more! Pool time- WELCOME summEr!
Caratunk Girl said…
WOW! Busy week for sure! I hope running goes well for you and the heel behaves this week!
Babbs said…
My goals for the week included cleaning up my office- but given your picture, it appears I am not alone in the chaos so I am putting off the clean up in favor of something fun... Congrats on your clearance to run!
You had a busy week.....sorry to hear about your trainer and the hotel but WOOHOO......run girl run. Glad you are able to run and can't wait to hear about your running this week!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
My life has also been crazy this past week! Way to keep it together and get a ton of things done:) It sounds like you got some great news from your doc...woo hoo!

Wow, have fun with the Ace certification:) Where do you find the time to do all that you do? Impressive stuff Ann Marie!!
MCM Mama said…
Woohoo for good foot news!

I'm planning to get out of my comfort zone and take the kids to the pool more often this summer.
JC said…
woohoo Lady - you've got a fun week ahead of you:) Enjoy!
Unknown said…
Ahh I used to love going in the paddling pool when I was a kid, looks like they're in for a fun week :-)
Aimee said…
Sounds like you have had a crazy, busy week! I'm so happy that you can resume your running...yay! :) The picture of your kids in the pools was so cute! My boys love the kiddie pools too. :)
Lindsay said…
Very busy week!!! Love the pool pics :)

Popular Posts