Not Just Like Every Monday

Okay...I'm not at Mavericks (nor have I been really following the surf competition), but I am ~15 miles up the coast at Stinson Beach and I can tell a difference in the surf. This sunset pic I took doesn't show the craziness of the waves, but they're different.
But that's not why I'm writing about it.
I'm writing because today could've been like every other Monday. On Mondays, I take the kids to my gym for jr club, then spend the afternoon re-grouping from the weekend and gearing up for the week with laundry, a possible grocery run..yada yada, you get the gist. But for the past few days my kids have kept asking 'When are going to the beach house again?' (my MIL has a true beach house, and it's ~1 hr from our house). I just kept saying soon.
Well this morning I realized 'soon' should be today. And, it was a bit hard to put my own pangs of unfinished work/house/life stuff aside, to realize I needed to just go now. Because my kids are only 4 once, and the window of spontaneity will be gone and swept up into the conformity of kindergarten, sports, etc, before I know it. So I packed a small bag and we took off.

And this pic of my son solidifies my decision.  He saw a plane overhead and said  'I'm gonna fly a plane like that when I grow up mommy.' okay...really? I'm smitten.
So there you have it. My Mom Monday thought. To all the Mama's in the house, are ya baggin' what I'm raking? 

Comments

Aimee said…
That looks so beautiful! I'm so jealous! And, I absolutely love the picture of your son...it is so precious.

Good for you for being spontaneous! It's so hard to put everything aside that we "have" to do and just do what we "want" to do. I'm sure your kids absolutely loved it! :)
Anonymous said…
all the Moms? how about all the Dads? Funny how it takes an hour drive and a normal few hours away from each other to see the "awesomeness."

That's my son...and he looks rad!!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
Sometimes we just need to ditch the laundry and cleaning and spend more quality time with our kids:) You made the right decision and you know it!! Good for you...and look at your little guy...he is just mesmerized:) The picture is priceless:) I am glad that you had fun!! FYI: I have been to Stinson Beach several times:) Love it!!
Velma said…
I hear ya - way to go out and enjoy the day!
Megan said…
I understand. My maniacs are young too. Its nice not too worry about what theyre missing at school.

I think that's the first husband comment I've ever seen one anyone blog. :)
AM! said…
@Megan- yeah, I sent DH my post b/c I just had to show him the picture. He wasn't with us at the beach (had to stay back for work), so I knew he'd appreciate it. And he knows how much I love comments;-)
Unknown said…
Love the pictures, your son looks really cute!
4 y olds are the best. I know, coz I have one! Glad you all had a great time!
I think it's great you took the chance to embrace that spontaneous moment. The laundry and the housework can wait. Memories can't!

And the look on your son's face is too precious for words.
Wendy said…
Love that picture - so cute!
workout mommy said…
(sigh) I too am very jealous! we are still covered in 2 feet of snow; what I wouldn't give to head to a beach right now!

love the pic of your son--his eyes say it all!
Anonymous said…
And before you know it...4 years old are 22 years olds!! Great picture.

Popular Posts