5 Reasons to Catch the Bloggy Bug!



Out in my 'real' life, I often find myself encouraging friends, co-workers, clients, ...okay even strangers, to start a blog. Only because I've caught the Bloggy Bug myself. And when I talk to others about their interests and passion, it seems a perfect fit for them to try one.
Because I know blogging (and all that comes with it) has been a pretty interesting experience for me. And I feel like I've only just begun (isn't that a song?). Anyway, this is what I've learned so far:

1. It Keeps Me Motivated!
Writing about what I aspire to do and become, or about things I wanna achieve, and reading other people's experiences, helps keep me motivated to attempt to make them happen. 


2. It Keeps Me Connected;-)
Within the past few months I've connected with many bloggers who have made me think 'get your booty in that pool' or 'yes! I totally relate to what you're saying!'.  I get to discover and connect with a world of people who have similar interests, and read about people who inspire me.


3. It Gets my Brain Moving...
I don't wanna have Alzheimer's later in life, so I often find myself saying this to myself when I'm stuck and can't find the right configuration of words to convey an idea;) Writing about these ideas and life keeps the brain thinking. 


4. It Helps My Job
Writing about what I love keeps me both savvy with the topic, and provides a space to just talk about it. And that can help your job whatever it may be, even if your blog topic isn't directly related. From being a part-time SAHM like myself, to a school superintendent- having a blog gives support for whatever job/s you have in life.


5. It Keeps Me Taking Risks 
Just starting my blog felt like a huge risk. Putting myself out there in writing, stating what I hope to do, and hoping someone in the world would wanna read it- yah that can be a lot at first. But blogging always continues to nudge me just enough to try things out of my comfort zone. And now I have (virtually) no problem telling people about it. So I say, just put yourself out there and see what happens. 


I consider myself a relative newbie, but do you bloggers find these things true too? What are your reasons that keep you blogging? To vent (love that), or question things (yeah, love that too)?  Please share, and maybe it'll help push some peeps to start a blog too (c'mon, you know you've been wanting to try one now for some time...). 
And let me know when you do so I can follow

Comments

Jill said…
Definitely find those you listed true of the bloggy world! Such support and inspiration and you sort of get attached to many and find friends along the way! :)
Dion said…
My blog journey was a simple one. I wanted a place for distant relatives to see the mundane and exciting parts of our life. It has served this purpose, provided a place to organize my thoughts and has kept me accountable with staying active.

The new "friends" I've made along the way has been an extra perk!
Julie said…
Great post! I am a bloggie newbie too and I am loving it for all of the reasons that you have listed. It is so fun to meet other people who are passionate about the same things that you are. It is a treasure chest full of information, facts, knowledge and best of all personal experiences. I can't even tell you how much I have learned from other runners and their own running history and stepping stones! Jill is right....blogger friends will support and inspire you for sure:)
Aimee said…
I was very hesitant to start my blog. I thought, who would want to read what I have to say? But, it has been a great avenue for me to write about my feelings, frustrations, goals, dreams, etc... I love blogging now and I think I'm addicted..ha ha! I love finding new blogs to follow (like yours :) ) and reading what everyone else has to say. I, too have learned so much from other bloggers..it has just been a great experience!
teacherwoman said…
I love blogging for many of the same reasons you do! I feel like I tell my bloggers everything, especially about working out and training, and it has been a great way to stay motivated and held accountable! :)
AM! said…
I just wanted to say, I'm nodding my head at all these reasons stated;-). thank you so much for sharing, oh and SO agree w/becoming addicted, but I'll save that for another post-ha!:-)
Teamarcia said…
I started a blog to connect to a larger community. Although it never really occurred to me whether anyone would really read it, I found putting stuff 'out there' therapeutic and also a good discipline for me.
Unknown said…
I totally agree with your points on blogging and the most difficult thing for me was taking the risk. However after almost a year, I have to say that blogging has made me a more inspired runner due to all of the support and learning that takes place. I loved this post, thanks!
Anonymous said…
Blogging without a doubt keeps me honest and on target. Plus, it is fun to "talk" with others who enjoy the same things and expperience the ups and downs of running. Plus, everyone is so supportive and you all inspire me!

Popular Posts