Week Forty Nine: It's Christmas Time!


Okay, really...it doesn't get much better than this. This weekend was all about trimming the tree, putting up the outside lights, and hanging our stockings by the *fire*. I think this picture captures it all. And this is the first year the kids 'get it'.  They trimmed the tree, putting ALL the ornaments clumped together on the lowest 3 boughs, and hung the stockings by our DVD fireplace that has become a staple in our (very small) house during December. I knew it all was going to be fun, but I didn't realize how special watching my kids discover Christmas time would be.

And speaking of Christmas time, here are my Goals for the Week:
Friend: Finish and mail off our holiday cards by the end of the week.
Health: I quickly realized early this week that the holidays are a bad time to start mixing up my pretty well established behavior of eating my nugo bars. Switching my staple snacks just added more confusion to an already hectic time. So this week, I'm sticking with what works to make sure I get all my snacks/portions right.
Athlete: Keep hitting all my workouts. I did it last week, including swims in c-o-l-d weather (woo-hoo!)
Finance: Input my banking into Quickbooks for 20 minutes each day. I have to make this a new behavior for me! 
Home: Take 20 minutes each day to pick up around the house all together.
Mom: Cut my kid's hair already, or go get it cut!
Personal Growth: Do one gesture/act each day that I'd like to be done for me.





As always, I write these goals down on a book mark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning for ~10 minutes as I plan my day. I'd LOVE to hear what goals you've got planned for this week, month and....the future 2010 as it's only a few weeks away. Now, that's fun to think about!

Comments

Popular Posts