What Keeps You Motivated?


So what keeps you motivated those days when you just don't feel like working out?

For me, I use my mental Rolodex
(this is not my actual Rolodex- but isn't it cool?) I flip through my thoughts and hope one will cure my workout resistance.

Here are some of my mental cards:

1. I know it'll make me feel better physically and mentally. I might lessen the intensity or duration, but I just need to get that workout in.

2. I'm usually 'training' for, or tapering from, a race. These events are what fuel me. At the beginning of the year, I choose my races, then create a general training plan. This plan helps me stay focused and committed.

3. My workouts let me eat ice cream, drink sugar coffee, and wine. If I don't do my workouts, my treats just don't taste the same. I like having my cake and eating it too- and that's how I feel when I follow my workouts ;)

4. Sometimes it comes down to passing someone using a cane and I just think "Okay Anne Marie, use your body today... because you can"

What's in your mental Rolodex? To fit in your sexy jeans? To have your chocolate, bread, and cheese? I would love to know and add to my collection!

Comments

Motivation...the one thing that keeps us all going. Why do we do it? It's personal for each of us. I like a little bit of what a lot of people say...from "because it's there" (Sir Edmund Hilary) to "because I can" (Anne Marie Sebastiani). I try to remind myself often how lucky I am to be able to do this stuff...(training/triathlons)...and how lucky to have to my health and family. It keeps me healthy and sane, and I need physical/mental goals (outside of family and business/professional) to keep me going.

AM - your Goals for the Week is much more than accomplishing daily activities; you help remind us how lucky we are that can choose to do them...nice job.

this one gets me all the time too....one of my reminders now and then.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRHxHapwirw
AM! said…
awh....honey, thanks for commenting, and this guy michael is my hubby who is my #1 supporter:) thank you!!

Popular Posts