Red Carpet Reminder


Here's a picture of me with two of my dearest friends posing at an Oscar party. I‘ve known them both since high school. High school! That’s like 20 yrs ago! That’s like before I had a career, marriage, kids, and all the other roles that define my life today. So they know a lot about Me...as just Anne Marie.
The Oscar pre-party primping session reminded me just how much dressing up in cheesy costumes and acting silly lights my fire. It may sound funny but it’s true. My ‘older' friends know this about me, but my newer ‘mommy’ friends most likely don’t, simply because we only see each other in our ‘mommy’ role at the park, gym, playdate, or occasional family get together.
Striking the red carpet poses with my dear friends also reminded me that I want to have some silly, koo-koo times with ‘new’ mommy friends too. Just go out and karaoke, or get glammed up for dinner/dancing in front of a juke box. Nothing too crazy, and it doesn't have to include wigs and fake lashes, just some carefree, silly time where we can all let loose a little and just be. This is a definite goal for me;)

Comments

sarah said…
Watch out "new mommy friends" here comes Anne Marie!!!!!! :) love you!
Anonymous said…
....very good reminder that "goals" don't have to always be serious or stressful; I find myself stressing over many goals I set (I tend to set lofty goals and can't jump that high...).

Fun, small goals are simple and healthy! I may just set a goal to relax and not have to be fully productive one night!!
3 Ring Cycles said…
Hey I'll take the "new mommy friend" role!! Let's ride! I'm about to get the American Idol karoake for the kids(yes the kids, not me really!! ok maybe me too), so we will all HAVE to get together and do some singing!!mks said you are loving the new el gogo...I'm SO happy!! I get really nervous sending new bikes out!
I lost my blog site, not the 3 ring one...the one that was going to keep me honest...I can't remember what it was!! So much for THAT goal!
Anonymous said…
Anne Marie - I would love to see that koo-koo AM. I am up for any fun, silly times!
Danielle

Popular Posts