What's Working (and not so much...) Wednesday: NYM Baby!



What's Working:


1. I shared with you all my 2012 Passions Vision board (above) I created at the end of November. I was intrigued that NY showed up like it did. So I sat with it. Played around with it. And then when my friend asked me to sign up for the NYMarathon, it hit me: that's it. That's one way I'll get to NY. So.....



2. Just got email confirmation: I'm IN for the ING NYM! Oy dios! I felt simultaneously excited and nauseous when I read those words. This'll be my first marathon- so what better way to run 26.2 miles than through the five boroughs of NYC. 


3. The marathon isn't til' Nov 4th- a perfect time of year if you ask me. The Summer Olympics will be the perfect motivation during my ~3 month serious training leading up to the race. Then I'll race and have the rest of Nov and Dec to imbibe in Turkey and holiday melee. 


and now...not so much:


1. The weather over here in California is LIKE I'm living in New York City! It's really, really cold!(okay, yes I am a wimp- It's still ~29 degrees, which is almost balmy winter weather to you mid west folk. But still...lemme pout;). I still managed to get my outdoor run in and I'll tell ya...there's nothing like a great race to dangle in front of me for inspiration. Thanks NYM :)


So....that's what's working and maybe not so much for me over here. Now, how about YOU? Would love to know what's getting two thumbs up and maybe a thumb up the (bleep!) in your life. Talk to me, talk to me

Comments

Born To Endure said…
Wait!! How did you just find out?? I thought the lottery wasn't picked until April..or am I missing something? I'm just in the general lottery is that why? Are you in something else?
AM! said…
Hi BTE- There's the guarantee and non guarantee way to get in. If you have a certain finish time from a previous half or full-you can get in that way. That's what I did. And ....next year the qualifying guarantee entry times will be harder, so that's what made me sign up this year:)
Born To Endure said…
ahhh right okay I forgot about that...well have fun!!! Hope I get in..:))
Christina said…
Congrats! Nov 4th is an awesome day to run a marathon because IT IS MY BIRTHDAY! HAhaha....
Yay for New York! When is the deadline for registration?
AM! said…
Hi Amanda!;) I think registration is open for a few weeks at least...wanna sign up???? :)
Lynette said…
Awesome first marathon! I plan to enter the lottery maybe next year. But maybe I could get a qualifying time to sign up that way! I'll have to check into it. Thanks for that info. Good luck with your training!
Teamarcia said…
Yay for NYCM! Very exciting!

Popular Posts