Then and Now- Prom Style!

Yup...that's yours truly. The one in the hot pink flamenco style prom dress back in 89'. 


1989 Baby!


And my high school bff- who is still one of my true bff's threw a Prom style 40th b-day party complete with a photo station and prom party bus. And now...yours truly in 11'. 


2011' Baby!

Where else can I show off a 'Now and Then' photo opp but on my own lil' blog? And this post may seem a bit off the mark, but I'll tell ya what- I'll admit it right here: I'm pretty stoked I fit in my prom dress, and I think we look quite smashin' eh? And you wanna know why we do? We both make exercise a priority. It wasn't until' my mid 30's that I even began to grant myself permission to take myself a bit more seriously as an 'athlete' or someone who could run, bike or swim. Really. And I'm so thankful I took the leap and challenged myself to see my own possibility. Of course I go through ebbs and flows of how much I exercise or at what intensity- but that's part of the process.

So thanks for lettin' me show off the goods 'Prom Style'! And my question for you? Do you still own your prom dress? Have you shown off YOUR awesome goods Prom Style lately? Would love to know!  

Comments

Leah F said…
Love it! You look fantastic!

I still have my prom dress too. I'm so putting it on when I turn 40!!
AM! said…
Leah- you will look HAWT girl!;-)
Born To Endure said…
I don't own a prom dress as we never had one, but you look awesome!!!
ltlindian said…
I cannot believe that you still had that dress! AND you look good in it! I think I might still fit into mine, but it was God awful ugly 80's.

And yes, you are right, I wouldn't be fitting into it if exercise and health were not a priority. It is not just genetics and luck, it is hard work.
misszippy said…
Oh my gosh--I LOVE it! And you totally rock the dress 20-some yrs. later!
Christi said…
That is awesome! Congrats!
Aimee said…
How fun is that! Sooo awesome!
Teamarcia said…
A couple of hotties--then and especially now!
Bela said…
You looked awesome then and now!
justme said…
u both look smashing...but i am more amazed that you both HAD your prom dress - mine is long gone
AM! said…
trifit- I know! It's pretty funny that we've both held onto them. I've actually utilized this hot pink number on several occassions: oscar parties, prom parties, halloweens, etc:-)
Unknown said…
dare I say you look 50x hotter NOW??!! Really....
I still have my prom dress too!!!
Unknown said…
Kuddos for being to still fit in the dress! Thank God for Running. www.dashingdiva.net
Anne-Marie said…
oh my gosh, I LOVE it!! You both look FABULOUS!!
RunToTheFinish said…
daaaang looking hot!!! that is a great picture!! oddly i would look much better now than high school, that was my highest weight
Tortuga_Runner said…
OMG Great idea, I love the party and the photo booth. Great job fitting in those fabulous dresses!
Jennifer said…
You two look fabulous!
This is so funny!!! You are hotter now than you were then! Love this!!
you were still hot then too. :)
Christina said…
Ok. Both of you looked hot then, and even smashing hot now!
WOW!!!!

Love it!

Popular Posts