GFTW 47: Sweet as Apple Pie

I volunteered in my lil' ones kinder class this morning. I was the former school counselor at this school and left this career when my kids turned three-ish. Now almost three years later, it's so fulfilling to have my new school identity be 'A and N's Mom'. I'm beginning to no longer feel like it's the place where I used to work, but rather like it's the place where my kids go to school. They own it now and It's awesome. And my role now is Volunteer Mom for things like today,  'La Comida de Dia de Accion'.




The whole class made a Thanksgiving meal complete with apple pie. It was so sweet, and as we all sat around munching on our well earned plates, I thought to myself how thankful I am to have this role in my life:)


So with aromas of mashed potatoes and visions of Family Fun Run Turkey Trots dancing in my head, here's what I have lined up for this week:


Mom: Have kids help make posters for our Annual Fun Run Trot (If you're in the Sonoma Ca area, it's a fun family walk/run on t-day am, 7:30) email me for info!


Friend: make labels for shower party gift, gift for other BFF who turns 40 this Sat!


Community: Talk up Turkey Trot!


Athlete: get 5 ~45 min workouts in this week: 4 runs w/a lil ab/weights, a bike spin and/or a fun different class


Wife: Coffee date w/hubby


ME!: Pedicure


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review it each day as part of my morning routine. And that's what's in the books for me this week (well, along with my sister's birthday, my mother's birthday, a SF overnite excursion on T-day, and a Prom Party Bus 40th B-day for my bff.) schwew, but that's all part of the package and already mostly set in motion. Can't wait. And...I'd love to know what you have Tee'd up for this Thanksgiving week! Any trots taking place in your neighborhood? Talk to me, talk to me!

Comments

XLMIC said…
I am so hoping to come up Thursday! I am really looking forward to seeing you again and to measuring my progress at the same time...what a year it's been :) Super thankful for all the amazing experiences I have had as an individual, as a family, as a team this past year.

I'm guessing just to show up at the designated place at the appointed time with my donation, ready to run my little heart out. Is that right?

Love that pic of you in the classroom :)
Christi said…
What a great way to give back to your kid's school!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Caroline said…
new follower coming over from Marjorie's blog...she has cute pic of the 2 of you...! In my son's class we made stone soup! it was so fun!

Popular Posts