GFTW 45: Anchors

Hi All. I don't know about you, but I really do love Monday mornings. I know, I know...a lot of you are running around with your head cut off trying to schlep the kids to school and get to work on time after a weekend of leisure. I get that. But still, the mystery of beginning Monday is my hook. I wonder how the week will unfold, what will and won't come into fruition? What will I end up doing, meeting, discovering, and what will I fall short on? All this begins for me Monday morning - biggest anchor day. It's the day that gets my feet in motion. 


But lately, I haven't had as much to keep me grounded and focused past the Monday mystery. I think it's partly just that time of year (Fall in Winter, post race/running season), but I'm also in flux in a few key areas of my life (which seems cyclical too). I realize I need to bring in a few basics to give me some life anchors. My weekly goals are usually those anchors that keep me grounded to my big life picture stuff- but these past few GFTW have been more process ideas- I'm needing more lil' concrete goals to keep me at bay. 
So...with visions of lil' anchors dancing in my head, here's what I've come up with for my Goals for the Week:




 Health: I gotta get this one outta the cupboard...Get the freakin' Halloween candy outta the house already! Who's with me? Take it to the DH's office and kids can have some with each visit. Also, 1 LUNA bar a day, ~250 calorie dessert.


Wife: Hug each day, preferably in the morning


Athlete: Write in 3 days of ST and 3 runs and 1 dif new type of class/work out. Write it in my organizer


Community: It's Turkey Trot time! Make copies of our trot flyer (above) for our annual trot on t-day. 

Mom: Kids have no school for 2 days this week. I want to do fun adventures with them. Create 2 adventure days for them, either Safari West, Crissy Field, maybe Stinson Beach...or a trip down to Central California

Personal Growth: Try one new thing a day, big or small- just try something new. New fruit, new way to work, new store, anything!


Me: I'm a big pumpkin latte lover. big time. So originally- I bought this creamer above as a treat for ME. It's so stinkin' good! But I'm now realizing this has become one more culprit in my lack of feeling grounded. Because this creamer has ~2000 calories in it! Good grief. So...for ME- I'm not buying another bottle, and sticking to milk in my coffee and a 1 special coffee drink a week. (this goal could have gone under Health...but it helps me to put it here to remember why I'm doing it).

And as always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each morning as part of my morning routine. So that's what I've got for me over here. Now..I'd love to know what you've got lined up for your week. And speaking of YOUR Week, you, this blog and community is/has been one of the biggest anchors for me. I know I'm not writing/commenting as fervently as a year ago, but this blog, you, and the blog community have been a pivotal anchor in my life. Thank you...;-)

Comments

Christi said…
My goal for the week is to start a boot camp workout that I found in a magazine. I am very excited about it and will do my damndest to make it through the 6-week plan!

Good luck with your week!
Beth said…
I love flavored creamer in coffee too, probably a little too much! My goals for this week are: My other goals for the week are to get take vitamins, get 8 hours of sleep and eat well.
AM! said…
I'm finishing the last of my pumpkin spice creamer today....;-)

i can do it, i can do it...;-)
XLMIC said…
my goal for the week is to actually look at my calendar and know each day what I am supposed to do! I've been missing appointments because I've been allowing myself to be distracted :P

Turkey Trot! I wanna :)
Bela said…
Argh I do not like Monday's. My goal for this week is to make 2rock diva cakes for my daughters Bday party on Sunday and survive it....lol
RunToTheFinish said…
i LOVE the sentiment of this post! what a fabulous way to look at monday's!!! and I can't get your twitter link to work, says you don't exist

Popular Posts