What's Working (and not so much...) Wednesday: Floppiness

Hi! The picture captures it all...


What's Workin':


1. New run shorts. Isn't it the best to run in new gear? I love these new shorts, and my whole outfit felt so, so coordinated- something I am not accustomed to...;-)


2. Kids carpooling: A neighbor took the kids to school this am which freed up a good hour for me to get my run in. YES. I'm looking forward to car pooling more down the road...


3. Floppy Ankles: I briefly perused a run book yesterday and it gave me a great reminder! Instead of worrying/focusing so much on footstrike (heel strike, mid foot, etc)...just be mindful of floppy ankles. That's what's important to focus on. And so I did this morning and I feel like it was a simple way to keep my form in check.


and now...not so much:


1. Running with floppy car seats. Actually the concept was great. I swung by my car pooling neighbor's house to pick up the car seats as part of my cool down. The idea seemed so fluid at the time, but the exectution left a lil' to be desired. The seats were a bit cumbersome and I didn't realize what I weirdo I must have looked like til' I ran past a friend who commented 'Oh...I knew it had to be you running with carseats...


So that's what's working and not so much for me over here. Now...how about YOU? What's working and maybe not so much in your camp? Would love to know! Talk to moi, talk to moi!

Comments

Alison said…
New running clothes are always great motivation for me to get out the door! I am going to try the floppy ankles trick, thanks!
Anonymous said…
Can you explain the floppy ankles a little bit? I get so caught up in form analysis as well - simplifying would be great. Thanks.
Floppy ankles. That makes sense!

I need some new workout clothes. It's funny how motivated I feel when I have something cute to wear to the gym.
A Prelude To... said…
Great extra workout with the carseats. Too funny that your friends (and probably neighbors) know you well enough to know it could only have been you coming down the street like that! I think I'm the ONLY person in our neighborhood that works out this much. I'm constantly trudging up and down our hill with kids in tow or the dog pulling me or on my bike and the neighbors sitting in their yards probably wondering what the heck is wrong with me as they gently swing and enjoy their iced tea.
XLMIC said…
Not working... bad 6-yr old attitude :(

Working... sending him to his room :P

as far as fitness goes... kind of been slacking and that doesn't work but when I have gotten my booty moving, it's been great!
Unknown said…
Hehe I can't believe you ran with car seats, bet that was a job and a half!

Popular Posts