GFTW 19: It's a Process Right?


Here are my two Lil' Reasons why I got to celebrate today. And celebrate I did. A Mother's Day trail run followed by a day in the wind/sand at the beach. It was really sweet. And remember the above feeling as a kid? The one after a hard day of play? Isn't it the best...

So in the spirit of playing hard and having fun, here's what I have lined up for my Goals for the Week. But before I get to them, I wanted to share my process is evolving in how I create and implement my Life Plan, Yearly Goals, and GFTW. It's still in the works, but it's changed and needs to be flushed out. And that's how it should be right? Growing and evolving is how we learn and improve. Hey, sorta like my two lil' Reasons above. 

Yah, just like them...

Athlete: 3 runs, 3 days ST, 2 bike rides, 1-2 swims. Figure out my A race for Summer and Fall

Wife: Date night. Didn't get it last week.

Personal Growth: Catch myself judging and shift to simply 'observe' the self. Practice this.

Health: W.A.T.E.R and only 3 cups of coffee (sounds like a lot, but I've been havin' ~5)

ME!: Buy a new pair of running shoes! -woo-hoo!

As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review them each morning as I embrace my morning cup of jo. So this is what I have on the radar so far this week. Now...how about YOU? What's happening in your neck of the woods? Would love, love, love to know! 
And Happiest Mother's Day out there to all you rockin' runnin' tri lovin' Mamas! Hope it was a great one;-)

Comments

XLMIC said…
Love that feeling of a satisfying day at the beach :) Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

GFTW...

Athlete: fit in at least two runs (maybe a third short easy) in prep for B2B next Sunday... even though it'll be a shuffle for the first 2 miles :P

Mom: spend more time with X and Q while G is away this week. Read to them each at least 2 times. Watch a movie with them one night. Go for at least one bike ride with them and one park day.

Personal: sit with my feelings about my own mom. Make the time to process them... give one hour (can be broken up into 20 min. pieces) over the next 5 days.

Health: with you on the water. And stop the chocolate... the crack-like Easter eggs are almost gone, thankfully!

Me: get a haircut.

Okay, let's do it!
Caratunk Girl said…
Happy (belated) mothers day to you!!

Awesome - I love new running shoes!!
Anne said…
The kids look spent and adorable! :)

Life is a process :)
Christi said…
Happy Mother's Day to ya!
Raquelita said…
It sounds like you had a great day! More water and less coffee should be on my list too. Also have an adventure with my hubs on a day trip this week and get in the runs and cross training.
I need to drink less coffee, too. I think the caffeine is finally starting to affect my sleep quality.
Alicia said…
Happy Mother's Day to you! Love that you include buying new shoes in your goals! Shopping is the best kind of goal!
Anne-Marie said…
LOVE the picture - I remember how easy it was to fall asleep in the car after an adventure. Happy belated Mother's Day! :)

I like the personal growth goal - I think that's something I could work on too.

I've been really busy lately and subsequently really bad at setting goals... just trying to keep my head above water! I think my goal for the rest of the week should be to work on some better strategies for juggling all of my activities and determining what things I can cut out, combine, etc.
hope it was a good mother's day :) i'm tapering for the NOLA 5150 race this week with irongirl next weekend. super stoked to race!
Love that pic of your darlings :)
Unknown said…
YOur sweet babies are growing up quickly, just like Sparkle Pants! He's so big, right?
I've been thinking of you and wondering about your training, it sounds like all is well.
I loved your personal growth goal, something to remember each and every day!
Big hugs, great to hear from yoU!!

Popular Posts