The Reality of my Situation...

Hi. I've thought about all the angles I could take on posting about this, and I've sorta come up with the following...


Approximately three weeks ago, I got a big slap in the face of a family member's serious health diagnosis. And it sucked. big time. But then we learned a lot more about it from doctors and felt much better about it's prognosis. My family member's game plan was to have surgery this week, move on with a few rounds of further treatment, and all would be good. 


Well, we've learned our case won't be that simple. 


It's going to be more involved than that. By how much, I don't know. But I do know the rules of the game have changed, and my responsibilities as Supporting Role have most likely increased tenfold.  


So what does this all mean? Well, outside of figuring out my own newly bestowed health risks, I'm need to shift my energy and balance out a new plan of where it needs to go. 


And more of me needs to go towards my new Supporting Role. So I need to take a lil' bit of time away from here and there to make it happen. So what that looks like is a bit less training, blog writing, coaching/career, and social stuff. 


So you most likely won't be seeing me as much of me in the bloggy neighborhood (and it's the reason why I haven't been around for a while). But don't get me wrong! I will definitely still post and read blogs a bit, but I most likely won't have the gusto to be an active Runner/Tri Bloggy member for a while.


And if this post seems at all secret code or what not, it's because we're still in the initial phases of it all, and that's just where I am with it:)


I truly rely on this blog and the blog community for support, and I know I have it from you. I am still around, just not on a daily basis for a while. Peace out!;-)

Comments

Unknown said…
I already think of you often and wondered where you had been as of late. I will keep sending those happy vibes your way with a sprinkling of peace and strength vibes to go with it!
Be kind to yourself in this stressful time :)
XLMIC said…
My heart goes out to you and your family. I have faced something similar a couple of times in the past. It is so good of you to step in and be there :) and so hard as well. I'll be thinking of you lots and hoping all goes truly as well as it can. Sending you love and strength...

Be well xxoo
I am sorry you are going through such a time of uncertainty. Training and your blog and all that will be waiting for you, you need to do what needs to be done. Will be thinking of you and your family member. It takes a strong person to be selfless in times of need.
Unknown said…
I'm thinking of you *hugs* we'll all still be here when you get back xx
Alison said…
I'm sure the whole blogging community will be thinking of you and supporting you through this. I admire the way you are dealing with this, and will look forward to whatever posts you do write, whenever they come. In the meantime, take care xx
Jennifer said…
Gosh, these things are always tough to hear! You are a well grounded and intelligent person and I know you will rise to the occasion for your family. You need continue to stay strong and it will spread to everyone you know. Good luck in the future weeks and months and we'll all be thinking about you!
Kona Shelley said…
Take your time, do what's right..like you always have and we'll be right here wishing you the best in your Supporting Role!! xxoo
Anne said…
Sorry to read that there are serious health issues in the family...big hug ((()))
Take the time that you need to support your family...as many have mentioned, we'll be here when you have a few minutes. I hope it all works out for the best. xo
Christi said…
I am sorry your family is dealing with an health issue. Please know that I am sending all my positive vibes and prayers your way.
Good thoughts your way, take care of yourself!
*~*~* Tracy said…
Praying for you and your family. And sending **hugs** your way
I'm so sorry about your loved one, but they are lucky to have you!! Will be thinking of you and sening positive thoughts your way.
justme said…
i am so sorry to hear, take care of yourself and your family
Unknown said…
Sorry to hear about your loved ones health as well as your own. Rooting for a big pull through without too much adverse moments. Have strength. Do whats best for you and your family. That is what is most important now. Triathlons will be there after all of this is said and done and you will get back into it!! :)
The Merry said…
Come back when you can. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the health stuff turns out positive. Take care.
Anne-Marie said…
I'm so sorry to hear about this! Your family member is lucky to have you there for support. I'm sending out some positive thoughts and prayers to you all from Pittsburgh... **big hug** !!!
Clair said…
I'm so sorry for your relative. Sending prayers your way for the best possible outcome. We'll still be here when you've got the time.
Leah F said…
Thinking of you. You'll be missed. Sending positive thoughts your way.
The Turtle said…
I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through at this difficult time. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.
Tortuga_Runner said…
Sending positive thoughts your way during this challenging time.
Caratunk Girl said…
AM, hugs to you. Lots of positive thoughts heading your way. So sorry for what you guys are going through right now.

As for posting everyday...I can't seem to get to read blogs every day not to mention trying to post that much! :) You rock. Hugs to you.
Raquelita said…
You and your family are in my thoughts! Sending you lots of positive vibes!
I'm sorry anne marie. My thoughts are with you and yours. Let me know if you need anything.
+ h
Unknown said…
Thinking about you and your family member and family! Hang in there!
Christina said…
Sorry about the news.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for your family member and for you to juggle everything you have in your hands.

Popular Posts