GFTW 8:The Unexpected Things:)

So, I was all set to write on a different topic, but as I typed GFTW in the title space, I was curious to revisit my GFTW 8 from the beginning of my blogging journey 2 years ago. So I peeked and it said 'The Unexpected Things'


Well...I'll tell ya right now, that title fits my bill perfectly in life at the moment. Granted for very different reasons, but I'll take it. Nice forshadowing AM!;)


And the sweet part was being reminded how sweet my DH (dear hubby) was with my blogging journey. Back then, hearing him rave to others (like out loud...to real legit people!) was like a super big cherry on top of my initial blog experience (and this was when I had 3 'followers'..me, him, and... well, ok maybe 2 followers!). And it was a sweet reminder of the this: Having and Being a #1 fan just Rocks. Remember that AM. And taking risks sometimes produce other bonus results you just weren't expecting. 
So...with this theme in my mind, here are my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Funny, but my training is tied up a bit w/my career in a way, since I'm a trainer, and work for Athleta. So, it's not just about needing to get some 'ME' time and exercise, but I really gotta get those workouts in so I can perform for my work! So...as the saying goes. Get er done!


Mom: Exploratorium Museum, and library visit for a new chapter book.


Personal Growth: Catch myself being present, in the moment. And when I do... breathe, look around. and appreciate.


ME!: Sounds funny...order ultramet, get some coconut water, and FRS drinks and keep em' stocked. I'm hooked on them all!


Wife: Be a #1 fan. nuff said.


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review them each morning as I chug my coffee and review my day. And that's sorta what's on my radar for the week. Now...how about YOU? What's on your radar for the week? Talk to me talk to me!  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah! Coconut water! Something you can add to the "me" list: repeat to yourself what a wonderful friend you have been to others, even amongst your trying times.
How is it that I didn't know you worked for Athleta til this post? I just signed up for a catalog to be inspired by the gorgeous model athletes and to dmage the bank account with the attractive clothing!

The "be present" goal is really hitting home with me right now. Will you write more about Coconut water--I keep seeing that it is a wonder drink!
Maggs said…
You blog is inspirational :-) Probably doesn't give you goosebumps when I say it though.

xoxo
Christi said…
I just wanted to let you know how much I love Athleta! My friends and I buy stuff from there all th time.

Great goals for the week.
Raquelita said…
I love your personal growth goal.

Since I'm not traveling or writing research talks this week, my goal is to get in all my workouts and to get some work done on a research project.
Caratunk Girl said…
Hey you! I haven't had coconut water yet, I need to try that and see what it is about. I really like your being present goal. Love your #1 fan too. Very cool.
Unknown said…
Like I said before, I love your goals. It keeps me motivated! I love the coconut and FRS necessity. I agree! And I had no idea you worked for athleta. That would be a dream job!
LC
Christina said…
Love Athleta! :)

Love your goals, especially how short and simple your weekly goal as a wife. Just goes to show it is the little, simplest things that count.
Unknown said…
Love coconut water,but FRS?! BLECK!! Nice goals! :)

Popular Posts