GFTW 6: A Lot Goin On in the Mix

Hi! Before I get to my week, just had to show how cute my Mama Runner's Group was this morning at the Kaiser 5k. Yes, it really was this gorgeous, and yes you have every right to hate me at the moment...
And I plan to do my personal 5k recap prob Tues, but had to show off a shot for now. They all ran a great race, and I feel honored to be a part of their running journey.


And speaking of journeys, before I head off to imbibe in a Superbowl gluttony one, I wanted to get out my focus for the week. This week finds me doing a lot for a lot of different people in my life: my kids, my mom, my new round of running group, my community, and so on. And I'm okay with it. I just don't need to spread myself so thin every week. And I need to remember to do a lil' ME something along the way.


So...with out further adieu, here's what I got lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Mom: Embark on the Valentine making machine. We got the stickers, I just need to procure the paper and bust a few out each day.


Health: Follow up calls to podiatrist and OBGYN


Athlete: Now that I have my first official 5k time (well,it was actually 3.2 miles wah!) get my training plan in order for the next ~4 wks! period.


ME: Give time for myself each morning. 30 min- get up b4 the kids/DH and allow myself to sip a cup and breathe...(this one will be very important for me this week)


As always, I write these down on a bookmark and attempt to review it each morning as I chug my coffee. Now...that's what I've got goin on over here in sunny California. Now...how about you? What do you have on your radar? Talk to me, talk to me! If even during the Superbowl commercials. No, wait. That's the best part. Okay, if even during the game!;-0


Go Steelers!

Comments

XLMIC said…
This weather is just incredible! Pretty perfect for a morning run at Golden Gate Park, I would imagine :)

This week I NEED to complete the testing for a headache protocol I NEED to start. And I NEED to get more sleep. I know I keep saying that :(

Have fun being heartily crafty!

And have a super Super Sunday!
Caratunk Girl said…
I am jealous of your sunny weather and the shorts in that picture!!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!
Athlete- Balance the week & pray for a snow day for a Friday mid morning swim :-)

Me- Dig into the library books

Me 2- Sign up for a class next Sun.

Teacher- steady stuff (bit-by-bit) ... make the most of the time I have

YrBk- Start chipping away at the pile of work...

Health- Water and Simple eating

Happy Journeys to all!
Christina said…
I'm UBER proud of cleaning out my bedroom and my bathroom and the kitchen and filing away a box of statements (all these since Friday).

This week:
1. Gonna try doing 2 loads of laundry during the week and see if it helps lessen the load on the weekend.

2. Closet still needs cleaning. Waiting to get a DVD in so I can watch and clean.

3. Stretch every day to get myself limber for my 2nd half this Sunday.

4. Drink lots and lots of water!
Anne said…
You guys look great...and that sunshine...sigh.

Great goals once again :)
- Sighhhhhhhh I think that is sun, I am not sure, its been so long since I seen it

- I have the book down to 3, I opened to my followers, not much I like, I have it down to 3

* The Book
* The Bible
* The Holy Trinity (which I am leaning towards)
Okay jealous of your nice sunny weather. Its been snowing here for days and its gloomy and depressing!
Have fun making the Valentines!

Popular Posts