What's Working!...and Not So Much

What's Working:
 1.  As the saying goes...'Make zucchini soup outta excessive zucchini's bought by accident' Here they are steamed and about to be whipped up w/garlic in the Vitamix along with some chicken broth. Can you say YUM?. It was delish...

 2. Orrowheat Sandwhich Thins (aka hamburger buns). These things are pure genius. It's one of those 'How did someone not think of this sooner?' idea.  You get a thin sliced version of a hamburger bun for ~100 calories. It's the perfect amount of bun for a burger w/out getting the bloaty feeling from a normal sized one.

3. Strength Training. No picture of this one, but it just feels sooo good to be back at it!




and NOT so much:
1. Toy/Project Overload. Now while my GFTW can sorta make me look like a tidy, organized, and efficient gal (he he he..;-), the reality is...I gotta lot of junk all over the place! And a big place is our back playroom. With the holidays and kids' birthdays looming in near future, I'm in state of fear for any new object comin' into the house. Therefore, I just decided Saturday is OPERATION Gut out the back play room. It's just gotten a bit ridiculous folks. Markers need to go w/ other markers, papers need to be thrown away (remember that kid's art binder I created a few weeks ago? Yah, neither do I...;)  You get the point right?



2. Me Time: I need to carve out an hour for just me...w/no goal other than to just be. Maybe with a book, a cheesy magazine, a walk, or nothing. Think I can do it?

So... that's generally what's workin' and not so much for me over here. Now, I'd love to know What's Workin'/or Not so much for you?  Talk to me, talk to me!
 

Comments

justme said…
i love the me time.....i wind up having some time but i feel like i waste if thinking of how i should be doing something....if i plan it for nothing - i won't feel guilty....
Thanks for the visuals! I'm so glad your desk area looks similar to mine. I just visited a friend for a girlfriend's trip and everything was perfect and clean and tidy and Made. Me. Sick! Happy to see your realness. ;) Um, yes, love those sandwich thins...we get them at COSTCO and then keep what we dont' need in the freezer. Awesome! I think you can do the alone time because you put it out there...it will happen...welll, someday. ;)
Christi said…
Yeah for the weightlifting!!!
teacherwoman said…
Strength training is great!
Maggs said…
I might have to buy too much zucchini sometime just to try that recipe.
Anne-Marie said…
Your picture of the playroom sorta resembles my house at the moment... except I have no kiddos/significant others/roommates to blame it on :)
What do you add to your zucchini soup?? And, I too heart the sandwich thins!!! fab!!
ShutUpandRun said…
I love those orowheats. I use them for about everything. Genuis!!
Anonymous said…
Must clean my office... NOW! Ugh. I'm letting too much go and blaming it on marathon training.
Jill said…
Hoping you get some quality ME time in - it's a necessity to be a good mom :).
Aimee said…
Sigh..I wish I had a Vitamix...sooo jealous!
I LOVE those sandwich thins. I get a huge bag of them at Costco and freeze ones for future use!
XLMIC said…
Working:

Posting pictures of my MESS of a garage on my blog to motivate me to do 15 minutes a day... I'm doing it!

Not working:

Still must get to bed earlier.

It is so great to have this reminder to evaluate what's working and what's not! Thanks!
Ewa said…
But cleaning up is so... boring. My entire house needs it but what am I doing? Reading blogs.
AM! said…
oh Ewa! I'm sooo with ya! but it will feel good when it's done...right;) (convincing myself...) :)
You CAN do it (ME time) if you allow yourself to do it. Perhaps you start with 15 minutes...and then build up to 60. :-)

You know what to do...so do it!!

What's working here- hmm... 3 (or 4?) work outs in 4 days, cancelled all meetings and "to do" demands on my life this week, and am enjoying it fully.

Next goal- avoid all of the crap at the 8th grade team lunch on Friday..and maybe sneak a healthy option to bring (beyond the banana, chocolate pudding pie...)
Unknown said…
oh how you are making me want a vitamixer even more!!
hope you get some "me" time soon.
RunningWhit said…
My what's not working this week is clothes...I have had a closet fail (the bar is falling down and pulling out of the wall) and learned that I have way too many clothes (including workout clothes.) I'll be purging and getting rid of everything that I don't just love.
Caratunk Girl said…
I LOVE those hamburger buns - I use them a lot.

I totally want a vitamix!
That soup sounds awesome! As far as bread goes, if I am going to have it, I am going to get a nice crusty loaf:)
Unknown said…
I related with your fear of anything new coming into the house! We just shook our house upside down and got rid of 20 years of excess...old trophies, books, sheets, etc. and it felt SO nice simplifying. I just love it! Now, I'm just praying that we don't ACCUMULATE anything this Christmas...keep it simple, right?
Make time for yourself, you know we all need it, right?
Raquelita said…
That soup sounds awesome! I wish my hubs liked squash!

This week hasn't been a great success for me, as I've been sick since Sunday night.

Popular Posts