Turkey Trot Family Fun Tuesday!


Our Annual Family Fun Turkey Trot is comin' up on it's 5th year, and it has evolved into a project I hold dear to my heart. Here's a lil' group pic from last year:
 It's grown from a handful of family, to ~+50 this past year. I'm hoping to double the number this year. Ya think we can do it?  Here's the flyer I whipped up that I need to get out to the WORLD!;-)
FIFTH ANNUAL FAMILY FUN TURKEY TROT!
What: A fun ~5k the whole family can walk/run and enjoy. Bikes and jogger strollers welcomed. Bring your friends and family and feel good raising money for Meals on Wheels.
Where: 1695 Castle Rd. Villa at Bartholomew Park, in the parking lot with coffee and pastries. Go past the Bartholomew Park Gates on Castle Rd.
When: Thanksgiving morning 7:30 am coffee. 8 am RUN start!
Why: Let’s start Thanksgiving off right and raise money for our local Meals on Wheels Program
Suggested Donation: $20 per Adult. Kids are free
Questions: Contact (my co-host), or Anne Marie Sebastiani at annemarie@vom.com
I wanted to share this, because I've found it's an EZ and FUN way to host a lil' fun run, raise a lil' $, and feel good for the day. 
Now my question to you: What fun/run plans do you have for Thanksgiving? Dish it out here. Oh, and if you live around here...consider this your invite! See you there!;-)

Comments

Emz said…
Such a wonderful idea.

Love it.

Looks like Q is free, should he attend. ;)
Leah F said…
If this plantar fasciitis I'm dealing with allows, I'll be running the Detroit Turkey Trot. Tons of people run in costume. It's run partly on the parade route so there's lots of crowd support from parade watchers who have claimed their spots early.
teacherwoman said…
A fun family turkey trot sounds like so much fun. I would love to organize something like this!

However, my hometown has a local 5K/10K turkey trot that benefits Cystic Fibrosis. I did it for a couple years in a row a few years back and we are thinking about doing it again this year. It's just hard because it starts later in the morning and it's hard to help mom prep for the big feast when a few of us are out running. Plus, i hate to say it, it's usually pretty darn cold then!
Christi said…
I am going home for T-day and my hometown does the T-trot the weekend before. My brother and I decided we would do a run on T-day and just call it our T-trot. I can't wait. I finally get to run with my brother!
Unknown said…
such a great idea! I love when the whole family can get involved.
There is a turkey trot back in our hometown that I hope to attend on t-day.
Clair said…
What fun! I usually do the Run to the Far Side the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but I can't this year because of my plantar fasciitis, so I'm thinking about a Thanksgiving morning bike ride instead.
Aimee said…
That is so awesome that you put that together! My family usually does our own Turkey Trot, so maybe we'll do something like this this year too! :)
AM! said…
Aimee! you'd put on a great turkey trot! do it, do it!;-)
Quinton J said…
Yeah...maybe I should. Thanks EM.
What can I bring?
Velma said…
WIsh I could be there - I will be turkey trotting in the StL
Lisa said…
this is so great, I love that you do this! Do you work with your local police department to close down roads or where is it held? I hope you get lots of turkey trotters!
Anonymous said…
What a fun thing to do for the community. You rock!!! Have a great trot!!!
Jeffrey said…
Love the family t-giving fun run! If memory serves, it was a local turkey trot that finally got me moving a few years ago. Good for you for getting it organized! Gobble, Gobble.
Teamarcia said…
darn I wish I lived there I'd so be there trotting with you!
I seem to have my pick of trots this year in this area, and since I'm not making 'the bird' this year. I guess I need to sign up already.
Jill said…
Looks like a total blast - happy trotting, wish I were there with ya!
awesome!! :D Wish I could be there!
Beth said…
Gotta love a Turkey Trot! My family and I are doing one and we are meeting up with fellow bloggers Velma and Brian Flash. I can't wait! Hope you enjoy yours.
Ewa said…
I am not that much into racing (I pretend I am a purist runner) and we will be away on T-day, which does not mean no runs. Gotta burn those calories.
I wish I lived closer to do that fun run!
Sherri said…
that is awesome! What a fantastic tradition..if I can locate my old pictures...I will post all the great memories we had as a family...community...running the Turkey trot every year!
Now I live 1500 miles away...but when I go home...all the same people run it...with their kids! It's amazing!!
Unknown said…
Happy Mothers day Images 2016 Happy mothers day 2016 HD Images Happy Mothers day Wallpapers Happy mothers day Pics 2016 Happy Mothers day Pictures Happy mothers day Cards Happy Mothers day gifts ideas Happy Mothers day craft Ideas Happy Mothers day 2016 Free images download Happy Mothers day in heaven images Happy Mothers day Funny Images Happy Mothers day 2016 Love Quotes
www.happymothersday2016images.com

Happy Mothers Day Images Facebook

Top 10 Easy Diy Mother’s Day 2016 Gifts Ideas

Happy Mothers Day 2016 Cards

Popular Posts