GFTW 46: The Calm Before the Storm...

I'm sorta seein' this as my last week of 'normalcy' before the melee of Thanksgiving slash Christmas slash birthdays and New Year craziness encroaches upon my otherwise 'normal' family, food, and fitness routine. So while I'd love to THINK I can hit those ~8 hr a week workouts, more strict intakes, and attempt to be superwoman, the reality is..it AIN'T gonna happen! And that really needs to be A-OK. Because realistic expectations baby are what's gonna make it all work for me. 


So speaking of realistic expectations, here's what I've got lined up for my Goals for the Week:

Health: Plan and pack my food (if necessary) each day. I've had super fun being on a whim...and sorta planning my food, but I can tell my body misses my regular 'healthy' food. So today, I and planned and packed my own 2 snacks of a LUNA protein bar and 1/2 Ultramet Shake and lunch of a turkey sandwhich, for 2 kid b-day parties, and it was nooo problem. Do more of that. 


Athlete: 3 days ST, 3 run, 2 swim, 1 bike. this is manageable;-)


Community: Gobble, gobble, gobble. Talk up our Turkey Trot, and connect w/co-host on final decisions, etc. And for Girls on the Run (GOTR), coordinate car pool for our final 5k race this wknd, and get auction items out.

Friend: I don't have a 'goal' for this other than think about my friends this week. just be mindful of them. Some are old, some are new, and with thanksgiving on the horizon, just take that all in...;)

And that's it for me. Keepin' it simple. As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I chug my coffee and review my day.  Now Brady Bunch Crew and beyond...I'd love, love, LOVE to hear what you've got on your radar for the week. Let us know!!

Comments

Christina said…
I'm going to pack my lunches at least 3 days this week - even if it meant a PBJ sandwich.

Gonna do 3 runs (4.5, 4.5, 11-miles).

As a girlfriend, I told my boyfriend that I'm going to give him a massage at least once a month. My competitive sneaky self is going to shoot for once a week.

On the home front, I'm not a big decorator. But I am going to make sure that boxes are put away, bedrooms are clean and the place looks tidy and clean for Thanksgiving.
XLMIC said…
Here it is:

Health: go to SLEEP EARLIER!!! 4 hours of sleep a night is NOT enough!

Athlete: work to run every other day still... 2 shorties and a longish. Start some core supplementation.

Family: really be available to the kids and husband... instead of going thru the motions. Don't over-schedule.

House: working on my garage goal...spend 15 minutes a day getting rid of crap!

And still working on the logistics of getting to do your Turkey Trot! Hoping like heck to make it happen!
Mother: Embrace my decision to be home with my kids and bring the same energy to motherhood as I would to teaching.

Writing: find a way to move past this horrible writer's block and lack of inspiration.

Love coming to your blog. Always worth my time.
Ewa said…
I am trying to do my best to remember about myself and finding, even if a little, time each day for me.
Alison said…
I hear ya on the craziness. I should listen to what you have to say. I was stressing a little about going to D.C. and not being able to train for 10 days. I guess I should just roll with it.

My primary goal this week is family: I'm so behind on phonecalls / correspondence, and they've suffered the most. I am going to catch up on that :-)

Make it a great one! :-)
Christi said…
My goal is just to keep trying to work purposefully towards Operation Iron and not get discouraged when life gets in the way!
LMC said…
Hey AM, I hope you know how inspiring your weekly GFTW posts are for many of us out here in bloggy land. Thanks for that!
My goals for the week are to rest, catch up with a few friends and avoid a post-race funk. Have a great week!
misszippy said…
I like your friends goal...we should all do that!

My goals--not to run for a full week; be productive with work b/c next week it all ends--kids only have two 1/2 days! Yikes.
sarah said…
My goal is to start making real goals. I am realizing that creating a concrete list of things I want to accomplish is very important, and I've never really buckled down. Will check in next week to tell you how it went. I'm a bit daunted!
Leah F said…
Now that I'm officially not running for awhile, my main goal is to keep up with my PF exercises, stretching, icing and massage so I'm not "not running" for very long.

I also have a friend goal of sorts, and that's to call up a very good friend of mine I haven't talked to in ages. I've decided that Facebook is a bad thing, in the sense that with status updates we still have a relatively good idea of what's going on in someone's life and it therefore creates the illusion of staying in touch. But then before you realize it, months have gone by and you haven't actually spoken to one of your best friends! So I'm going to fix that this week.

And my other goal is to remember to refuel during my tattoo session on Thursday.

Best of luck hitting your goals this week!
Anne-Marie said…
Money-related: research some different student loan repayment plan options; stick to the budget I've developed (loans come out of deferment in Jan; a little practice staying on budget before necessary can't hurt!)

Health/well-being: shoot for 7-8 hours of sleep each night

triathlete: make sure to get my core/strength workouts in. this is usually what I skimp on.
adena said…
I always read this on Monday afternoons and always feel like it's too late to set weekly goals. I need to write some down though.
Velma said…
Travelling this week, so I am working on good food choices :)
Overall- @ 3pm it's all about Lovin' Me :-)

[aka learning to take care of myself .. and not spend hours at school..so I don't get to the "I cannot give any more or I'll cry mode" like last week.]

Athlete- any 4-6 work outs are fine (variation, same, whatever...)

Health- Water please! Lots of it!

Teacher 1- Vary things with the Level 2s (they're so in a "Heaven help me if there's not some change going on...." mode... :-)

Teacher 1 follow up- Period 5 had better look out on Friday!!! :-) (in a GREAT way!)

Family Mem- Possibly spend time with the parents.. and/or check in with Livin'WithCancer Auntie

Personal Growth 1- Simplify a few goals.. and VISUALIZE them!

Personal Growth 2- Watch the webinars I paid for weeks ago..and then digest/integrate

PG3- Do one truly loving thing for myself each day

Happy Journeys to All!
Unknown said…
Great goals. You're so right to be realistic with your expectations, it's all too easy to put down the goals you want which for whatever reason might not be possible and then be disappointed!

Popular Posts