Goals for the Week 35: It Takes Courage

It seems a lot of changes are happening around bloggyland and the real world this past week. And I'm talking big changes. Like, life altering ones.  Big example is SunSafetyBarbie hung up her triathlon shoes indefinitely this past week. Because she realized it all just wasn't making her happy at all. And this is someone who is DEEP in the tri world, was Kona Triathlon World Championships bound in Oct, and is a well respected top amateur triathlete. But she just broke it off, left it all behind, to allow herself the space to find happiness.
That right there my friend takes a lot of courage. It's one thing to recognize when something's not working, but to admit it to the world and take specific actions, takes a lot of guts. I've come to know her and consider her a friend, and I was really moved by her honesty.


Coincidently, I received the above necklace as part of my giveaway from TeamMarcia on Friday. I love it. But why I really love it is b/c every time I feel the charm around my neck, I'm reminded how much courage it takes to be true to yourself and happiness. And it reminds me that I possess the courage to change things when I'm not. 


Which brings me to my Goals for the Week.

Personal Growth: Give myself the courage to explore an area in my life that could use more happiness and take action with a few baby steps.

Health: Take a Yoga class one night this week

Athlete: Make a foot doc appt (the PF is not 100%, and I need to be proactive)

Home: Think and act as if it's the house the one of my dreams: vaccuum each day, and allot 30 min a day to clean up.

Wife: Share my PG insights with my DH as they come up

As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer (it's now the background of the blog title!), and attempt to review them each morning as I chug coffee.


That's what's up for me. Now, I'd love to know what's on your radar for the week! Talk to me! And Welcome all new GFTW Brady Bunch Faces!

P.S.  I just want to throw out some xtra love and courage to us all. We're all in this thing called Life together and just want to feel good in life right?;-)

Comments

Teamarcia said…
Wow about Barbie and yay for the inspiring necklace!
I just finished hell week training wise and haven't even looked at what's in store for me this week...except a 20 miler on the weekend. My goal is to be mentally ok with however my slumping body performs.
Aimee said…
I read SSBs post too and was blown away. It did take a lot of courage to do what she did!
I think that necklace you got is awesome! And, I love your GFTW!
Ewa said…
Your blog reminded me that tomorrow is Monday, my calendar is still a mess and I really don't feel like planning. I wonder if I could just wing it?

Love the necklace.
Maggs said…
Thanks! I will tell you I've had a few times when I've regretted it. But if I wouldn't have pushed submit (which the whole time I was writing I wasn't sure if I would have) at the end of that post I would have been back out there this weekend training my butt off. Then come home to things that I needed or wanted to do but would have pushed aside. I didn't want to quit triathlon because I didn't enjoy it, I needed to quit because I couldn't focus enough on other things to enjoy the rest of my life.
Maggs said…
I forgot to add, enjoy that yoga class. I'm 3 days into 30 days straight of yoga and am loving it!
I admire your plan to vacuum! I find it hard enough to load the dishwasher everyday. :)

On my radar for the week: lining up patients (I'm in dental school), treating my first patients for the school year, reviewing some important stuff about injections and x-rays, meal planning, workouts, getting the kids new shoes for school, booking a pedi for after my half marathon, booking a massage for ASAP, and family movie night on Friday.

Thanks for the love and courage. Back atcha. :)
Great post and I do see your organizer now in your blog title now that you mentioned it....great idea!
Raquelita said…
I'm blown away by SSB's post. It does take a lot of courage to leave things behind.

Enjoy your yoga class this week! I wish you the best with exploring happiness in the area that needs more!
Unknown said…
Great post. I love your goals this week, you definately have the courage inside you :-)
ShutUpandRun said…
"I'm reminded how much courage it takes to be true to yourself and happiness. And it reminds me that I possess the courage to change things when I'm not." This is such a great quote and I'm keeping it in my head as I go about my day today. Thanks.
Clair said…
I've spent the past year trying to figure out what wasn't working in my life, and trying to change things is so hard. Thanks for the encouragement today. And enjoy your yoga class. My goal is to go twice a week in September.
Jill said…
30 minutes on the house each day is what I need to do, too cuz I just can't get caught up with it all. That IS my goal this week...well, and to run some and get some bills paid and call my daughter's college about some issues and call my doctor for the 3 billionth time and go to the grocery store.....

Have a great week, AM!
RunToTheFinish said…
Deciding what is working or not working is really hard, especially when something is such a part of your life
Sometimes we have to do what we need to do to make ourself happy, I am tired of my current employment, so I am now back in school, earning a different degree so I can get into a field that I will love to work in. Its a big step and uncomfortable step for me.
gmontalvo13 said…
love your goals for the week!
misszippy said…
Barbie did do a courageous thing--good for her. And you have some big goals there, my friend! Have a great week and meet your goals!
Kelly said…
Love your post this week! Such great encouragement for all of us!
I've recently taken some steps in my life to explore new areas and am so excited about it and the growth I've seen!
Have fun at yoga!
My dad's a foot doctor - so make that appt. Better to be proactive!
I'm going to jump on the cleaning bandwagon with you this week. I will clean a little EACH day!
Have a great week!

Popular Posts