Goals for the Week 34: Schedule Mania


This week is all about scheduling. I'm working four days (instead of my usual one), kids are back at pre-school, and DH is gone early and home late for half the week. So a lot of shuffling, covering, and planning needs to happen.

But before I get to my week, I had to show off my latest running fashion I sported yesterday. The outfit was intentional...except the shorts. Those are actually my designated 'mommy' swim shorts I wear to swim w/kids at our gym's pool. We all went for family swim and my plan was to bolt from there to do my run. But I forgot my run shorts, and almost didn't run b/c I had no run shorts. But then I had a mini 'ah-ha!' moment and realized these have the same cut and brief as most my run shorts, so gave em' a go. And they actually worked really well! Now I'm thinking of adding them to my run drawer. But I'll match em' better next time round.

And speaking of next time round, here are my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: This is round 2 of hellish speedwork. Get it done, along with my other 2 key runs, and 3 days of functional strength training. Also get a second pair of running shoes. 


Wife: Plan an At Home Movie Date night


Friend: Make a plan with Swimmer BFF and her fam. Also set the trapeze date with my friend for her belated b-day gift.

Personal Growth: Take one risk a day. With so much of my week scheduled, organized etc, I need this to mix it up and keep it exciting.

As always I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review them each day as I chug my sugar coffee. That's what's going on for me over here, now I'd LOVE to hear what's on your radar for the week. Share!


P.S (I'm also very excited about the Giveaway going on here most likely tomorrow;-)

Comments

Raquelita said…
Those shorts are pretty rad! It sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you. Good luck with your goals!

It's the first week of the semester at the university where I'm a prof. So I imagine this week will be a little nutty. I'm excited to get back into the classroom, though!
Good luck! Speed work will get easier, I guarantee! Your brain will get used to the pain:)
Unknown said…
So glad you find the swim shorts to do your run, I hate it when the gear I want to wear is in the wash hehe.

Hope you have a good week, you're going to rock your speedwork!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
Those shorts are so cute on you! I would look terrible in those babies....due to the running I am sporting line-backer thighs:)

Speed workouts are something that I should and need to be doing too. Good luck to you!
Maggs said…
Good luck on the speedwork. And definitely get a 2nd pair of shoes. I usually rotate 2-3 pair about that are separated by about a month in age, that way I can tell when one pair starts to feel flat. I didn't do that this summer, and I kept thinking I needed a new pair because I could feel the running in my legs...and well, I ended up injured.
1. Good Luck with all GFTW! :-)

1a. Love the "take one risk a day"... very cool! :-)

2. My GFTW:

a. gradually ease back to school.... keeping things simple!

b. make gluten free apple muffins :-)

c. decide whether or not to trade optional training for run/hike in Shenandoah NP

d. donate 5 things from home and 5 things from classroom that are not currently (nor have been for a long time) being used

e. return to healthy, GF eating (after week of junk with family)

f. write, write, write... need to get pieces for applications and submissions
Unknown said…
I loving that outfit. Awesome!! Your superwoman with all your jobs. Very impressed.
sarah said…
So my goals are much less impressive, but I'm in bachelorette mode still. In any case, I am cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, AND bathtub this week, getting in three quality workouts, and making plans with a friend who is leaving town. Whew! Exhausting.
sarah said…
So my goals are much less impressive, but I'm in bachelorette mode still. In any case, I am cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, AND bathtub this week, getting in three quality workouts, and making plans with a friend who is leaving town. Whew! Exhausting.
Jenny Hinman said…
Good luck with your speed work. I remember when I started those and thought I was going to die. But I remember you telling me it will get better and help with you pace. Remember your own words of wisdom. Have fun and run for you prego friend!!!
Rae said…
I love how you write down your weekly goals in each categroy.
Regina said…
I hate speedwork...it hates me. I hate mental toughness....it hates me. And yet, I do it. Why am I doing this again?

cool shorts, I kind of digging the mismatched look.
teacherwoman said…
LOVE the outfit! Looks like some great goals for the week!
RunToTheFinish said…
there is a trapeze class here that I keep saying I'm going to do but just haven't. I just need to schedule it and go for it!
Anne-Marie said…
love the outfit and way to improvise! :)

I think my goals are all related to getting ready for IM LOU this weekend:

- early bedtimes & early wake-ups to get on the right schedule
- stay hydrated -- drinks lots of water and coconut water
- buy electrolyte tablets, Gu's, Clif Bloks, etc.
- PACK!!!
Sherri said…
You make anything look absolutely adorable!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said…
We all started back to school yesterday and me back to work, so I understand the crazies! Have a really great week, AM!! :)
JC said…
I am a following your blog!
Love the shorts from the previous post - too cute!
Oh - we are on the schedules too around our house. Seriously makes for a much more zen household! Happy back to school for the kids.
Quinton J said…
Quite the stunner yourself.

Popular Posts