Four Fun Footnotes...

1. I am luvin' this list we've got goin on for...Ya Know You're a Tri/Runner Freak When.... Luv it.

2. It's always fun to discover new blogs, especially new ones where you know they're a gem to be 'discovered'. And I'm biased about this one bc we have  just too many similarities..it sorta creeped me out when I first discovered her (in a good way;-). Her name Anne Marie, she loves tri's, is training for an IM, is a LEO, AND lives in Pittsburgh Pa, where I grew up! She loves the tri world and always writes fabu comments. I am ~15 yrs her senior, so sorta feel like a big sis in a way, but wanted to give a shout to her blog.

3. Through my own current Sugoi Giveaway, I learned about a GoLite's Daily Summer Giveaway they host on their Facebook page. I signed up, and yah, I haven't won anything yet...but I sorta get the thrill like buying a lottery scratcher each day. So...wanted to spread the word.

4. I know my running plan for the rest of 2010.
And it doesn't include a marathon. At least not this year. What I realize is I just miss running fast, and I haven't done so since my heel injury back in the beginning of May. I then missed ~6 wks of pivotal run training, and then only had ~5 weeks to just get my running legs back to finish Vineman. Now, I wanna feel fast. I miss that feeling. And training for a marathon won't bring that result. But training for a half could, and allow me to do a few more sprint triathlons, and focus on my swim/bike too.   

That's it for me over here. Any footnotes of your own to share? Happy Weekend Friends!  

Comments

I love that feeling like you've found someone you're just MEANT to be friends with. Those similarities are pretty crazy!

Your training program sounds pretty awesome. I think I know what you mean about wanting to feel fast. I've never been a fast runner, so I don't know what it's like. But I've always wanted to be.
Unknown said…
Sounds like a good plan to focus on the half instead of the full marathon. I like speed training best too :-)
Just a thought - I always PR in the half marathon when I train for a marathon. I think it is different HIM vs IM, bc of all the time that goes into the bike training, but most marathon plans have a ton of speedwork in and they will make you faster!
Raquelita said…
I love discovering new blogs, too, especially when the writer shares a lot of things in common with me!

Good luck with your training! I can't wait to hear about how speedy you get!
Anne said…
How cool about the new blog discovery :)

A half sounds like a great plan...speedy!
Caratunk Girl said…
I discovered her as well - love her blog!

That list rocks.

Can't wait to read about your speedy races coming up!
Anne-Marie said…
Thanks so much for the super sweet shout-out!! I feel so special :) The similarities are crazy – I didn’t realize you grew up in Pittsburgh! Which part? (I grew up south of the city in the ‘burbs, went to college at Pitt and never left the city since.)

I’m so glad you “discovered” me – your blog has really been an inspiration and I’ve loved following it. I’ve been thinking a lot about different goals to set for all of my roles in life too!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Unknown said…
It's good to know what you want (feel fast) and make it happen!
Aimee said…
I love finding new, great blogs too!
I signed up for the GoLite giveaway when it first started and still haven't won anything. :(
Julie said…
Anne Marie,
If I had your times I would feel like a speedy chick..fast as a flash:) I totally get it though...you know what you are able to do and your fast is my super-duper fast:) Hang in there, I predict huge PRs coming your way! Damn, I miss California! We have been having some crazy hot and humid weather! Running in this sucks the big one:) You are so lucky to live in Sonoma! I told my hubby this morning that I want to go back. Have a great weekend!
Yeah, AM, which part of the 'Burgh are you from?

I grew up in South Hills, too!

When looking to set up a shoe collection site at Laurel Highlands (70 miler), I learned that the RD graduated from same HS I did 20 years before me.

And on a completely un-healthy (except for the heart!) connection, one of one of my former (this past year) students was kind enough to make a Sarris run for me when she went to her cousin's wedding.

(Note- I gave her money and the wedding was practically next to Sarris. :-)
One running follow up- I went out for an expected run on my fave trail. Instead wound up sight-seeing.

It was high tide. The spider webs weren't so thick, but plentiful.

I've run the trail hundreds of times in a few years.

Yet each time, it's completely different.

Today I ran 1/4 of it. Hiked/walked the rest.

You gotta listen to your heart. It knows best. :-)

Enjoy the speedy running and what is best for YOU! :-)
Anne-Marie said…
Such a small world!! Mmmm Sarris is amazing! Sarris candies were a staple at my house around the holidays... my dad grew up in Canonsburg and he and my mom are actually pretty good friends with the Sarris family. I could totally go for some chocolate covered pretzels right now! I grew up in Washington PA btw and I live in Shaler Twp now. Which HS did you go to?
Jill said…
And fast you will be!!!
Anne-Marie,

Practically neighbors :-)

I grew up in Bethel Park- right on the Allegheny/Washington County line. Off of Clifton and McMurry, only a few streets from the Montour trail.

Not sure if you saw it and hope the other Anne-Marie won't mind my sharing it- try putting your wet money in saran wrap. You can fold tightly and it might keep it a bit more clerk-friendly. If you need to, you could seal with scotch tape. :-)
Anne-Marie said…
Shoes to Success-

Yup, you weren't far from me at all... Small world! We would always go to South Hills Village because the malls in WashPA were pretty boring.

I did see your post about on my blog entry about the money but didn't have a chance to write back. Thanks for both ideas - I found the teeny ziplock bags and bought a pack and am going to see how those fit, and the saran wrap will be a back-up idea. Thanks again! :)

Popular Posts