GFTW 22: What's Goin' On For You?


Here's my view this afternoon where I planted myself in a beach chair for twenty minutes to sort of plan my week. We were at Stinson Beach for Memorial Day, and I had just gotten back from my bike ride (hence the bike grease on my left leg- yeah I'm still rookie status Big Daddy Diesel;-). The fun thing about my training this year is I'm finding a new love for all the great road riding opportunities around me. A year ago, I'd most likely be focusing on the great trail/beach running at Stinson. Well this year, I'm stoked to discover the great roads from Bolinas to Pt Reyes and Petaluma. It's a whole new world I tell ya. And speaking of new worlds, here are some new goals I've got teed up for this week:

Athlete: Wear my heart rate monitor on my 3 swims this week. I have yet to wear it in the water...ever and I need to start getting comfortable with it, especially with san jose triathlon coming up in 2 weeks.

Mom: Make a dentist appt for the kiddos and myself. It's been over a year, and we don't have dental insurance, so I just keep putting it off. I need to just do it- set a precedent for my kids.

Health: STICK to my daily food intakes from Nutrition Gal. Last week, my goal was to plan for them, and I was ~80% on it. This week I need to stick to only what she has me eating and not all the extra snacking I'm so used to doing. baby steps...

Personal Growth: Super clean out the car. I know this is a weird personal growth goal, but I cleaned it out ~5 mo's ago and have done such a great job w/keeping it clean. I seriously impressed myself. And it makes me happy, so it's my PG goal.

That's what on my radar this week. I have a few 'career' weekly goals too, but I really like to focus on the non-career stuff here. I think we're used to having work goals, but never apply that concept to our personal lives. And isn't that what matters most in life? 

And as always, I write these goals down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review them each morning as I'm chuggin' my coffee and planning my day. Now tell me, what's goin' on for YOU this week? What sort of Athlete, Health, Personal Growth, Mom/Dad goals do you make for yourself?
 

Comments

Aimee said…
Ha ha..I still get bike grease on my legs too! :)

Great goals for the week! I need to super clean my car too. There always seems to be sand, snack crumbs, wrappers, tissues, etc..lingering all over from me and the boys. It drives my husband crazy!
Lindsay said…
I love it what a fun beach vacation! Love the grease on you leg! I would be covered in it too! My goal this week is to be better on my eating too.
Unknown said…
I love the beach picture with your feet, even your feet look relaxed! Guess what's on my goal list this week? Thanks to you and the article about Harriet, I'm going to take tri swimming classes(for beginners)!!! I'm so excited. As you say, baby steps. See, you really are touching so many lives...thanks! Oh, I also found a cool site that has articles all about Flowery's teachers. It was weird timing since I just learned your kids will go there! Gracias, amiga!
Maggs said…
My goal is to make it to Honu healthy. And kick butt at the race.
Anonymous said…
AM~

Thanks for being an inspiration for me!
XTB-XAVI said…
Love it PG goal!! lol


Cheers from HK!

¨XTB¨ Xavi.
Caratunk Girl said…
I always end up with bike grease on something. My leg, my shirt, my face...I don't even know how I do it! My truck could totally use a good cleaning!
Velma said…
Thanks for the donation! I like the car cleaning goal - my car makes me ill :( Way to make progress with the nutritionist!
ShutUpandRun said…
Athlete: get in two brick workouts before triathlon on Sunday
Health: cut back on wine (broken record)
Personal Growth: be present and create down time
Mom moment: go on a picnic
Unknown said…
Looks like a good memorial day! My goal for the week is to try and find the right work/training balance! (I've not written about it on my blog yet but they sorted it all out so I'm going back!)
glad you made it to the beach lucky girl! my goals this week are to enjoy training and lift more! have a good one :)
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
I have been to Stinson Beach a few times:) Both times I was able to walk on the beach it was a little cooler....no swim suit:(

Funny about the bike grease..you will be a pro in no time!
Rad Runner said…
Beach, summer, you know you are the best...
Anne said…
Great view...sigh...I wish I lived near the ocean.

Have a great week...good goals :)
misszippy said…
Yeah, the stupid bike grease. I don't always get it, but I do get it and feel like a newbie too.

And--can I tell you, I am determined to clean out the car this week too? I think something died in there and it really must be attended to! Here's to clean cars (for all of a day or two)!
Glad you were able to enjoy some time at the beach!
I really should have two of your goals this week....book our dentist appointments....liek you no insurance here so DH and I haven't been in over a year and DD needs to also go in. The other is my dirty car needs a good inside cleaning also. Great goals and I know you will accomplish all of them!

Popular Posts