Goals for the Week 14: Startin' All Over Again...It's Gonna Be Rough

In Hawaii each nite, we played the IZ cd with the famous ukelele hit 'Over the rainbow' song and it was heaven. It also had a (semi annoyingly) catchy tune "Starting All Over Again' and it sounded like a break up song. We joked about it's randomness in an otherwise Hawaiian tranquil CD, and I would sing the lyrics "Starting All Over Again..It's Gonna Be Rough...Oh yeah...' randomly through out our vaca. It almost become our joke of the day.

Well the jokes on me for the moment. Because Startin' All Over Again From Vacaland HAS been ROUGH. And coming back to this bleek weather (above) for the past 3 days has made it even gloomier (I swear I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder...). I'm coming off my post vaca-race high hence below:
and into the doldrums of sucky weatherville in a small house with a large 150lb dog following me around our 1200 sq ft house. I'm not trying to throw me a pity party, but have to be honest with where I'm at for the moment. While I was able to conjure up the energy to finally write my Lavaman race report (read it here), I've been feeling a bit gloomy otherwise.

But as I'm typing this, the rain has stopped (temporarily).. ay gracias dios! The kids are put to bed, and I've had a lil' time to group my thoughts and come up with my plan for next week. Plus it says it's supposed to stop raining tomorrow. That would really make me happy. I think the tides are a changin' (I think I'm very musically driven at the moment...)
And speaking of changin' here are my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: I haven't heard from my coach for the next steps in my training and I think that also has me in a bit of a funk (granted, i haven't given him any feedback to work with, so yah...need to change that big time). So, I'm going to do the workouts prescribed 3 weeks pre race. So my plan is to stick with that training program and give my feedback ASAP.

Health: Other than the obvious get back on track from too much food/drink from vaca, I also want to make it a point to try out the Chia Seeds I won on a giveaway on BarefootAngie Bee's blog

Home/Finance: Organize my report to give for taxes. 

Wife: Set up a massage for IronmanDude and myself. I got him a few gift certificates for Xmas, and I think this week is a good time to cash in on them.

Personal Growth: Go to a bookstore and find a book that inspires me. I don't even know which area I'm gonna look in: finance, self-help, health, who knows? I'm ready for a new book/idea to inspire me. I already have it planned to go Thurs when kids are in school. Bring my sugar coffee and enjoy.
Oh, and I was going to say 'as always', but the fun thing is- there are more new peeps reading this here blog. Yeah!! Thank you! So glad to have you on board! So each Sunday, I think of the different roles I am in life and create a few specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time related goals to strive for. These small goals are driven from my Big Life Goals, and I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to read it each morning as I plan our day.
Now my question to all you...how does your week look? What races are ya gunnin' for (i've seen a lot of you have some), and how do you survive thrive past the post vaca doldrums?  I'm off to read more of your posts...;-)

Comments

Anne said…
Ugh, that rain can sure be a downer after such an amazing vacation. Sounds like you're already finding a way to make things better and hopefully, the weather cooperates tomorrow.
We've been having great weather and I'm hoping it doesn't change too quickly! I'm loving running with no jacket :)
akjenniekt said…
coming back from vacation is really hard for me- i am never ready to get back into the normal, everyday, routine that is my life:-). vacations just remind me that there are many more places i want to take vacations to! that weather doesn't look like it helps either...

I like your weekly goals, it seems like a great way to start your week and focus on what you want to get done.

Have a great week :-)
Unknown said…
I had to laugh because I'm making an i movie for my daughter and son in law's anniversary...it's a birthing movie , and I used the song "Over the Rainbow." I just love his music!
I get the boo-hoo's after a vacation too. Even though we live in a beautiful place, it's hard to come down from the vaca-high. I think you're smart planning a massage and a trip to the bookstore. Have you started to plan for your next vaca? Necesitas hacerlo pronto, Chica. Abrazos!
misszippy said…
Welcome back...I'm sure it is tough to get back into the groove! Give it a few days and you'll be there. Let us know what you find at the bookstore--one of my favorite leisure activities is browsing a bookstore. Never enough time for it!
Born To Endure said…
Yes, i'm sure it sucks coming back to rainy weather after being in Hawaii, but you know..it won't be long and the sun will be shining on you!
Megan said…
I always get in a funk after a big race. I don't know why. I guess I always need something to work towards or I flounder.

I love that you and the hubs race together. It's nice to have someone to share that with. But I'm amazed y'all can fit in two training plans into your life.
Unknown said…
That weather looks horrible :( it's been pretty grim over here too. Spring seems to have been and gone!

Let us know how you like the chia seeds, I've still not got round to buying some to try!
JC said…
Ah the rain - we've got a lot of that here - BUT when it isn't raining it sure makes everything vibrant! The massages sound fantastic! I take the chia seeds and enjoy them:) I'm on a recovery week this week and the plan is to get everything done between Mon-Fri and have the entire weekend OFF (no work and no workouts) JUST play with the family. Have fun a the book store!
Stephanie said…
My first half is this Sunday..April 11th..Go St. Louis Half Marathon...Can't Wait!

As for the Vaca Blues...I will let you know in a few weeks. We leave for Mexico on 4/24. I'm sure I will feel the same way!
RunToTheFinish said…
Even when I stay super active on vacation there are a few days when I get back that mentally everything is just off kilter. I'm sure once you have a plan you'll be ready to rock
Maggs said…
We had rainy weather here too. If it helps ;-) I love chia seeds. I actually like the taste of them, but if i'm starving in the middle of the night a scoop of them and some water and I'm back to bed.
Ah yes. Getting back into life after vacation is tough. You'll get through it, though. And you've got some great goals to get yourself refocused!
Julie said…
That is the one thing about vacations, you need a vacation after your vacation:) Oh, I love the idea of a massage with the hubby:) Have a good one Anne Marie!
That's exactly how I get when I am back from a vacay (see: http://adventurejunkiemom.blogspot.com/2010/03/attitude-adjustment.html ) That funk can be hard to shake. Great goals you have set for the week. That always helps. Keep up the good work. Congrats again on LM. Get that good book, curl up with some sweet coffee, and E N J O Y!!
Jill said…
What upcoming races am I aiming for?? Hum, can't think of anything off-hand. ;) Maybe I'll take up cycling since I don't own a bike anymore after my son decided to drink all his milk each night and therefore would grow bigger and needed MY bike. You have some great goals, AM. My personal goal for the rest of the next two weeks is to not pig-out on chocolate bunnies for dinner each night. Hugs!!
Aimee said…
Oh...coming back from vacation is so rough! It is really hard to get back into the swing of things, but take your time and you'll get there. And, I really hope the rain clears up for you. I'm sending sunny thoughts your way. :)

I have my first 1/2 marathon of the season on Sunday! The weather is supposed to be nice, so I'm super excited!
Unknown said…
I love what you are doing here. I can't remember how I got here, but I'm glad I did... stumbled here through some other amazing woman's blog who is living life to the fullest and rockin' her weekly goals!!!
Sherri said…
VACA....I have to say it is a bummer to come home..laundry....life! It always takes me awhile! I am excited to hear what you have coming up! Your life is always so fun and inspiring!

Popular Posts