Bloggy World Olympics 2010!

We all know that THE marathon is happening Monday and I wanted to give those peeps some extra love. Then I quickly realized a LOT of people are racing different events this weekend! It's like our own lil' Bloggy World Olympics! Here's what we've got lined up for our viewing pleasure:

New Orleans Half Ironman Triathlon, Sunday April 18th:(1.2 mi swim, 56 m bike, 13.1 m run)
1. Sun Safety Barbie (she's hopefully contending for a Kona slot! okay, just learned no slots here)
2. Tri Angel

Ultra Marathon- Dessert RATS Trail 50 miler
1. Running with Snakes

5k Race:
1. Adventures of Badger Girl. 
She's looking for a PR

1.8Km Swim Team Race Sat AND Aquathlon (1km swim/5k run) in Hong Kong on Sunday
Xavi from Xavi Triathlete Beginner



Boston Marathon: Monday (not Sunday!), April 19th:
1. Meg Runs
2. Run With Jill
3. Team Marcia at Running off at the Mouth
4. Ana Maria at Running and Living
 
And do you know how much cutting/pasting it took me to do for this post? Mucho! But I was only able to do it because I have killer abs. What? Killer abs? What are you talking about? Oh, yeah, my abs are super sculpted. So sculpted in fact I have a quote in this month's Oxygen Abs magazine. Here's the page:
 
What? Ya can't see me? Look closely. My mug shot and quote is on the right side of this page. Here, lemme help you out...:
I guess you could say it's my own 'event' in the Bloggyworld Olympics;-) I was quoted for a mag! But the back story is Oxygen mag originally contacted me to share this here blog. But they ended up quoting me on something TOTALLY different- ab confidence! I chuckled when I realized this. While I like to think I have a lil' confidence in that department, it is by no means my #1 strength. Aw well, I'll take it!

Now who am I missing for a race? Please do tell. Pretty please!

Comments

Unknown said…
wow you are famous!!!! LOVE IT!!
GO Racers!!!
Badgergirl said…
Thanks for the shoutout! And very cool about the magazine quote!
JC said…
That is FANTASTIC - you should get that framed SERIOUSLY! I will email you. CONGRATS!
No kidding about bloggy world olympics - it will be a fun weekend to watch!
JC said…
Will you email me so I have your email!
Maggs said…
Ahh, thanks. But no Kona slots at this race. Just Clearwater, which I'm not interested in. NOLA is just a 'see where I am" race, motivations to start training a little.
Unknown said…
That's so cool you are in a magazine! Love the picture too, you look really pretty :)
Marny said…
Congrats on the magazine quote! How exciting!! Thanks for the shout out. I am proud to be part of your Bloggy Olympics!
Anne said…
How cool is that!! Your abs are famous :)
Good luck to all runners this weekend!
MJ said…
woohoo!! I know someone famous!!!!! :)
Wendy said…
Awesome that your in the magazine!

Thanks for the menu planning link! I will check it out.
Aimee said…
That is so cool that you were in a magazine! You have to save that in some sort of scrapbook/memorabilia for your kids/family when they get older. :)
Melissa said…
You are a celebrity! LOVE IT!!!
XTB-XAVI said…
...I will be doing 1.8Kms Swim Team Race tomorrow...and Sunday Auqathlon 1Km swim and 5Kms run!

Cheers from Hong Kong!

"XTB" Xavi.
AM! said…
Thanks for letting me know Xavi! keep em' comin'. this is getting to be an international list!;-)
teacherwoman said…
Wow! There is a lot going around on Blogland!
Jill said…
Super cool on the magazine quote!! Can you get me a copy and autograph it for me (I'm serious!!!!), I'd love to say, "I know her" (well, I kinda do :)). Thanks for the shout-out, girl. I may not be running super speedy fast, but it helps to know you're out there rooting for me. My race # is: 18646 if you wanna watch and give that little cursor a push along your screen to help speed me up :). HUGS!!
WOw, that is awesome (the abs and the mug shot). Thanks for the shout out!
LMC said…
Wow! First Athleta and now this. You are a star! :) That's a great pic too.
Have a great weekend!!
misszippy said…
That is seriously cool! Good for you. Thanks also for sharing the other races and people racing them; it's hard to remember that there is something other than Boston going on!
Sherri said…
Absolutely love you! Your so much fun! Yes, it is a bloggy olympics...I feel left out...I tried to find a race, but NO luck! Although I think I ran a PR on my run....j/k...but it was hard!

I love the article...plus your picture is Adorable!

2 questions...do you have an in person coach..or on line?
We have NO options for coaches..but I probably need something????

3. How did you improve your leg turnover, (forget the fancy word)?
Crystal said…
Awesome! I ran the Salt Lake City Marathon yesterday. Went well for the most part :-) It was my first marathon- so the goal was to finish :-)
I love the shout out you give

and your FAMOUS!!!!
Megan said…
I wish I would have know bloggie peeps were run/bike/swimming in NOLA. I went down to watch yesterday. I would have looked out for them. To cheer them on.
Now I know someone famous! Awesome! I did my first 10 hour Adventure Race this weekend in Montana! It was amazing and grueling. Hope all the races this weekend went GREAT! And woo-hoo for the runners in Boston today! Kick Butt!!
Anonymous said…
I am sorry, that I interrupt you, but you could not give more information.

Popular Posts