Week 39: Local Races are the Best!



I competed in my first 5k on Sunday and am still smiling from the experience. I've raced half marathons and 10k's, but have never ventured into the sprint race. My goal: have a quick cadence, swing my elbows back,  and run fast


The race started a half mile from my house- a perfect warm-up distance. I trotted my way over, did an extra warm up mile, then took off with the other ~150 run/walkers at 8am.
I started out up front and went out strong. Maybe a lil' too strong, but after the first mile, I settled into a nice groove for the rest of the race,and finished as first female & 6th overall with a time of 21:13. 


Now my friend, this is my first overall female win! (yes, I'm still smiling as I write this). There's nothing like a (small) local race to boost the confidence! 


And here's the best part: I won 2 tickets to next year's Patron's Night here in Sonoma ($150 value), 2 bottles of good vino (~$50 value), and 8 tickets (~$35)  for Train Town.   I feel like I just  brought home the bacon!


And speaking of bacon, here are my Goals for the Week:


Finance: Organize bills still due for Sept and project for October


Personal: Revise/Finish my Goals outline for 2009


Mom/Friend: Pitch a Coffee Talk idea for moms at my kids' preschool


Health: Do one thoughtful thing for 2 people in my life


Athlete: Write out workouts in my organizer and get my bike on the trainer


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review it each morning as I plan my day.
Now who wants to go to Patron's Night with me next year? :)

Comments

sarah said…
Me. I wanna go. What the heck is it? Who cares, there must be wine involved if it is local.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice win my friend!!!!!
Tab said…
You are a STUD, AM! I am so proud of you!
i love your version of bacon! that is abundance.

Popular Posts