Week 38: I'm (virtually) a USA Triathlon Level I Coach!





My head is still spinning from my whirl wind long weekend in Santa Monica where I participated in a USAT triathlon coaching conference by day, and hung with my LA bf's by nite.  A perfect combination.
I learned so much from the conference, and can't wait to process how to implement it all. Completing the conference also lets me to say I'm a Level I Coach now (I just need to complete the written exam, dot my i's and cross my t's, and it'll be legit), so that feels pretty rewarding. 


And I also unexpectedly fell in love with Santa Monica. The beach is fabulous and it's overall upbeat energy is contagious ( I didn't take this fabulous photo above, but seriously this is how sunset looked Saturday nite)


Which leads to my Goals for the Week.  I share my ideas and goals, so they might spark an idea or thought for anyone to use and make their own. Many of my goals this week are stemmed from the coaching ideas I learned from the presenters. Their philosophies are contagious- so I'm excited to make them my own, and pass along.


Personal Growth: Each morning, visualize what I want to say at the end of the day when I ask myself  "How was my day?" (learned from a sports psychologist at the conference)
Athlete: Incorporate NMA (Neuromuscular activators) into my workouts before each workout. These are sets of stationary exercises to do for ~5 min pre- warm up of a workout.
Mom: Find Luis Orozco's ABC song for Spanish class. 
Health: Categorize my intakes by only Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats vs. also writing calories (learned at conference).
Wife: Plan ~20 minutes each day to connect and talk about our day and week. He's gone much of this week, and I was gone much of last. 

As always, I write these on my organizer bookmark and attempt to review them each morning as I plan my day. Would love to learn how you plan your week and life!

Comments

Popular Posts