Week 36: East Brother Lighthouse

We spent our 10 year anniversary at a Victorian B&B lighthouse, East Brother Lighthouse, located on a tiny rock island in the San Pablo Bay. You can see it as you cross the Richmond Bridge. They pick you up, along with 8 other insta best friends, and you share the experience of food, wine, and lighthouse history together. 


We had a special lightning and thunder show that awoke us at 4am too. And we didn't even have to pay extra for it! :) Nothing like being on a lil' island, looking out our window at the entire bay and watch the sky glow with lightning and feel the thunder rattle the windows. It was spooky cool.


The next morning we awoke to no power, which added to whole historical charm of it all. But the coast guard brought some engineers out to help kick start the island's generator and we had power generated by 9am. Just in time to grind the beans for morning coffee and lower the boat by 11am to cruise home. 


And speaking of cruising, here's my Goals for the Week:


Personal: This week is pretty hectic, but with (mostly) exciting things.  So rather than feel rushed, etc, I want to visualize myself cruising & appreciating each experience along the way.
Athlete:  Decide my training for this week, and if I'm doing the marathon or not. (I talked with my potential new trainer and realized I may want to hold off on the marathon til' next year, so I can train well for a few olympics, a half ironman (as my A race), and then do the marathon next Dec).


As always I write these goals in a bookmark I keep in my planner and attempt to review it each morning as I plan my day. Here's to enjoying the week!

Comments

what a blast weekend!

it was relaxing, and full of excitement at the same time! re-affirmed the idea of doing "new" outings together!

so many neat things happened...fun to hang out with my best friend!

long term goal - do more outings with my best friend (doesn't have to be crazy or overnight); just fun new things!

Popular Posts